• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Odd. You got photos? 

Second this request. I have this coin too, but I cannot check my CoA till later today. The specifications are set out on their website as follows:

Denomination £1
Maximum Coin Mintage 20000
Alloy 999 Fine Silver
Weight 15.71 g
Diameter 27.00mm
Reverse Designer Chris Facey
Obverse Designer Jody Clark
Quality Proof
Year 2020

I do remember seeing 925 specified on the website when they were released, but it has changed to 999 now. Be a bit annoyed if it’s a error because that’s what put me off buying one. 

8 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Odd. You got photos? 

I have attached photo royal mint apologised and said extremely rare for certification alloy error but would like to replace, the coin is 999.9 certificate 925

IMG_20200201_142320.jpg

Added 0 minutes later...
7 hours ago, trp said:

I do remember seeing 925 specified on the website when they were released, but it has changed to 999 now. Be a bit annoyed if it’s a error because that’s what put me off buying one. 

It's an error the Royal Mint confirmed confirmed. 

8 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Second this request. I have this coin too, but I cannot check my CoA till later today. The specifications are set out on their website as follows:

Denomination £1
Maximum Coin Mintage 20000
Alloy 999 Fine Silver
Weight 15.71 g
Diameter 27.00mm
Reverse Designer Chris Facey
Obverse Designer Jody Clark
Quality Proof
Year 2020

Photo attached below. I contacted Royal Mint and supplied photos inside and out of certificate with hologram on the back they said was extremely rare and apologised and offered to replace. Said it was a misprint error relating to the alloy specifications. Makes the coin and the certificate all the more unique 

So in honest opinions replace the certificate of make the most out of the misprint error and keep?

Added 0 minutes later...
Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

Surely they are all like this?? 

The woman mentioned afew from Batch one only the misprint has happened

Some madman wanted to give me 500pounds for the coin so im not sure tbh if there is more to why he wants to pay that amount for a coin with misprinted certificate. That originally cost 60. That why I'm enquiring today about it. Could it be possibly worth more ?

Added 0 minutes later...

They refused unless have the misprint in hand then will replace but that was what I was hoping to do have the replacement aswell as the incorrect misprinted Coa

On 04/02/2020 at 11:16, Broxibear87 said:

But I'm thinking maybe better to keep even though it's wrong. Cause will also have the royal mint acknowledge of the error 

Definetly!!  Error certificate may bring in a few extra pounds if you decide to sell. They always want their mistakes back so they can sweep it under the rug!!

7 minutes ago, STONE said:

Definetly!!  Error certificate may bring in a few extra pounds if you decide to sell. They always want their mistakes back so they can sweep it under the rug!!

Attached link below

1 hour ago, Broxibear87 said:

I'll try hold on to it. What is your opionions on the queen 2020 one ounce coin I've shown 

Be careful...I think The Royal Mint has an arrangement with the SAS for special missions to go in and do Snatch & Grabs of error COAs...just be forewarned!🤣

Probably because they are cranking out so many new coins and designs without doing the proper verification and validation necessary in quality control across the entire production. There are also probably other factors at play with regard to appropriate personnel resources aligned to provide the QC. And Attention to detail...Just a thought.

Archived