• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where do you purchase your silver?

DaveyDave

Hello fellow stackers. I am pretty new to the stacking community and I’m very curious as to where you buy your silver? I have been purchasing American eagles from sdbullion and I’m not sure if I’m getting the best bang for my buck. I’m a bit scepticle about purchasing any silver off eBay or amazon. Any advice on how I can get the best trust worthy bang for my buck? I should add that my main purpose for stacking is one day be able to turn it in for gold. Thanks in advance!

SD Bullion is one of the lowest priced options in North America, so you're doing alright buying from them.

Another good option is Silver.com. They're usually the cheapest before shipping. Whether they're the cheapest with shipping included will depend on the size of the order.

JM Bullion is often cheapest for small orders, since they only charge $3.99 for shipping for orders under $99 (over $99 gets free shipping).

BOLD Precious Metals is worth a look, as is Gainesville Coins. They'll occasionally have the lowest price on some item, but usually the lowest price will be Silver.com or SD Bullion. Where BOLD and Gainesville shine is with the unique bars and rounds they carry.

I wrote an article on getting the best prices: https://link.medium.com/XXKO6FdQR1

eBay will sometimes have a good deal from a reputable dealer (many major dealers sell on eBay in addition to their own websites). It may take some time to find good deals though.

Basically all online bullion dealers will have a sale of some sort from time to time. Keep your eyes peeled because this is a good time for sales. I basically shop JM, APMEX, and Monument metals the most, but I jump on deals from any of the well known bullion dealers.

Archived