• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New

SilverNovice

As of today I now have 3 Coins - 3 Beautiful Coins! Never thought id say that about a coin

> Britannia 1oz

> Canada Maple 1oz

> USA Eagle 1oz

I think what I might do is to simply stick to these 3 coins and build up my collection with these.  When it comes to selling/stacking is mixing the years something to consider?  Purchase a Coin a week or 4 a month is what Im going to do

Eagles?

My thinking was to alternated obviously depending on price like 4 Maples this month, 4 brits the next and so on

Added 0 minutes later...

Also where's best to store them? I've just put them in the coin case they come in and sit nicely in the spare room 

If you buy the coins as bullion the only difference is down to your personal taste. Alternating between the 3 will be fun as you watch the stack grow. When it comes to selling a 1oz bullion silver coin of no numismatic interest like Eagles, Maples and Britts will be about the same per coin. Keep your premiums down - pay as close to spot as you can. Store in tubes as your stack grows - you should be able to pick some up on here, Amazon, ebay and coin stores. Have fun! 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

On 10/10/2019 at 22:56, StackemHigh said:

If your in the UK then Brits are CGT free but you do need to sell lots and make a large profit over the tax year to make it worth while sticking to brits

£20 odd grand in profit if memory serves correct.

On 11/10/2019 at 13:29, SilverNovice said:

As of today I now have 3 Coins - 3 Beautiful Coins! Never thought id say that about a coin

> Britannia 1oz

> Canada Maple 1oz

> USA Eagle 1oz

I think what I might do is to simply stick to these 3 coins and build up my collection with these.  When it comes to selling/stacking is mixing the years something to consider?  Purchase a Coin a week or 4 a month is what Im going to do

Maybe look into Kruggerands as well?

On 09/10/2019 at 15:38, Notafront4adragon said:

Why do you need a tube?

It helps the buyer to stay focused on accomplishing their goals. For example, if your goal is to stack silver, every pay period you buy a Britannia and a Maple Leaf, and after one year you've filled two tubes of silver coins. Goal accomplished! Then move on to the next goal.

2 hours ago, SilverNovice said:

Kruggerands? 

Also when stacking is it OK to mix years? 

Nothing wrong with mixed years unless you’re a collector, one ounce of silver is one ounce of silver for stacking.

Britannia’s pre 2012 were 95.8% silver, afterwards 99.9%.

I’ll be honest I prefer Canadian Maples (am I a traitor?) Maples are 99.99% pure and usually cheaper than the Britannia.

Non of this matters to me, my son will sell if he needs to.

Archived