• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

any scrap silver ?

musketsmoke

Hello

Not sure if this is the place to ask but does anyone have any info where i can get very cheap scrap silver

i have a project that requires me to make several moulds and they will all be over the 7.8g threshold for hallmarking

god only knows that cost plus the hallmark stamp

from my calculations i would need about 2kg ish , any ideas ?

thank you

Ok those are what the refiners are paying for small amounts of silver , in fact within seconds i have found someone paying 35p a gram. best way to get silver at that price is have a website saying "we buy silver" or a shop, and hope for people that want same day cash.

Realistically you will have to pay considerably more than that in this market unless you put in serious leg work and get lucky.

its increasingly looking like it 

as for new silver or refined silver it slightly double that about 76p per gram

and i can get as much as i want 

also have found loads of coins at least 500 proof for 60p per gram 

i have a bit of 800 proof things but again refining chemical

2lt nitric needed to grow some crystals to sort that problem to achieve 999

as for getting lucky who knows Christmas may come early 

Current spot price for silver is £14.48 per ounce.
Not sure there is a supplier of fine silver at this price and if you could find cheap silver there would be a small margin added and maybe even VAT even though there should not be any VAT on secondhand silver.

I have a 10 ounce Perth Mint Koala dated 2015 with marks, scuffs etc that I would be prepared to sell at a very reasonable price as scrap.
Feel free to send me an offer by PM.
( Capsule not included as I purchased new to store the coin but available at my cost price if wanted. )

1338501118_Koala10ozreverseinhand.thumb.jpg.5750f1924b1f6acde6b5d5aec3a30311.jpg

884604315_Koala10ozObverse.thumb.jpg.dd6497b1a5b6f1e99372756f4d4199dc.jpg

6 hours ago, musketsmoke said:

its increasingly looking like it 

as for new silver or refined silver it slightly double that about 76p per gram

and i can get as much as i want 

also have found loads of coins at least 500 proof for 60p per gram 

What form is this fine silver in?  Sounds pretty reasonable compared to some places.

i guess its reasonable if you can't figure a way to get fine silver with out paying 3 times for what its actually worth by weight 

its increasingly looking like it will be expensive for me in the short run 

i just dont have the stash to purchase the kg's i need at one go 

16 hours ago, musketsmoke said:

the current prices for used sterling is about 30p per gram and 33p for fine 

less than that would be cheap

You have absolutely no chance of finding anyone selling at that price, but you could easily buy sterling silver  flatware on ebay for around the 50p a gram mark. 

1 hour ago, musketsmoke said:

it is out there 

just got 60gr 995 for 18p per gram 

just need more 

You sure it's 995? Don't tell me that somebody is that crazy to sell 995 for 18p a gram when they can sell it to any dealer for 40p. 😮

Archived