• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Coins you want to bid on but current funds just don't allow it

HighlandTiger

If I had the funds this would have been in my shopping cart faster than you can say "Shut up and take my money"! lol

https://firstcoincompany.com/S/index.php?_route_=niue-island-volcano-erta-ale-ethiopia-of-volcanoes-series-silver-coin-2-real-lava-inlay-2-oz-ultra-high-relief-dome-convex-shaped-antique-finish-2014

I know some will say it isn't a real coin, and I am inclined to agree. Despite Queenies head and a denomination it isn't really a coin. It is bally gorgeous though!

niue-island-erta-ale-ethiopia-of-volcano

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Murph I checked out those Shetland Ravens you mentioned and bought one. What a lovely design- my new favourite.

I contacted them to find out if there is a new design for 2015, was told its out in March so I think i'll start stacking these whilst i can get in at the beginning.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-oz-Silver-Raven-Tarnished-Spotted-/161558814502?pt=UK_Coins_Bullion_Bars_SM&hash=item259da7df26

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-oz-Silver-Raven-Proof-Round-/161558789437?pt=UK_Coins_Bullion_Bars_SM&hash=item259da77d3d

As per headline topic...There is a picture of a gold £2 coin on Baird & co of a steam train,i have this coin in everyday currency it was in my pocket on the day my mum died, i would love to own that ,my mum used to save her £2 coin's for my kids and i put one in her hand to get an ice cream for when she gets to heaven, so i would like to get that as a keep sake, i was saving for a STG purchase saved £186 so far. I might have to dip into the gold side of stacking instead.

I have not decided yet, we will see, i don't want to commit on here in case i don't get it.

What do you think of the £2 gold coins? nice or not?

If you get one you'll never be able to part with it if/when the time comes to sell.

That  is very true,it will be an heirloom for sure,with five kids i would have to have four equivalents or they would have to sell it as a collective,but your right i could not sell it.Especially as the money is coming from from the disposal of her house contents mainly.

This is a fair comment and i will have to give it some thought.If i just bought random silver to loose in the stack i would not know which is which ,whilst still keeping the legacy but no emotional tie to the stack. Even a few half sovereigns to mix with what i got would do the jobs also.

It is a nice coin though.apart from that.

I've been buying a few of the silver proof and normal proof two pound coins ( I can't stretch to the gold) and I think they are some of my favourite coins and I think The trevithick is one of the best there is even the normal proofs look great.

I did try and get one of these for my dad for xmas as he loves this sort of thing . Whoever got this one got a bargain I reckon

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TREVITHICK-STEAM-LOCO-chrome-model-on-plinth-MOVING-PARTS-2004-2-COIN-amp-COA-/271703838455?pt=UK_Coins_BritishDecimal_RL&hash=item3f42cf8ef7&nma=true&si=yktt8UlqFt6LsGSmZW4gPotZL0c%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Archived