• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

• Founder & Administrator

post-1-0-92723400-1394457787_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-74785400-1394457797_thumb.jpg

This is the Member Ranks system. (click photos to expand)

Once a member has reached a certain number of posts they are promoted and their rank along with their medals (pips) will be displayed next to their name.

Edit

As per the request of some of the members: The member ranking system names have been changed to now reflect a non military ranking system.

The NEW rank system: 

post-1-0-73925900-1394638679_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-20605500-1394637397_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-88511000-1394637385_thumb.jpg

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Hi, can I opt out of this please,

Yes, if you wish. Any one wishing to opt out can let me know and I will change their "rank" to 'member'

The pips will still show though I hope that's ok? 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Yes, if you wish. Any one wishing to opt out can let me know and I will change their "rank" to 'member'

The pips will still show though I hope that's ok? 

I would like to opt out too.

Unless the theme can be changed to something a little less military?

Ok, I will change it to coins. A much better idea to have a coin based theme for the ranks.

I will compile a list later and then see what you guys think of it, feel free to add suggestions of what coins you want me to include and how high up the ranks it should be.

Discounts / Offers

Lovely! I like that idea.

Could start with things like Britanias.

Move up to Sovereigns a bit higher up

Krugerands perhaps

Oi, Britannias should be near the top.

Naughty.

I like the idea of standard coinage to start off with before people achieve silver coins.

Stacker since 2013

1oz Koala

1.5oz Polar Bear

2oz Lunar

5oz blank

10oz Kookaburra

500g Lady Fortuna bar

20oz blank bar

1kg PAMP Suisse bar

100oz Perth Mint Bar

5 kg Heraeus Bar

15kg blank

10oz Gold Kangaroo

33kg Good Delivery Silver Bar

1kg Gold Kangaroo

10 kg Gold Kangaroo

12.5kg Good Delivery Gold Bar

1 tone Gold Kangaroo coin

Feel free to copy the above and edit to what you think it should look like.....

Discounts / Offers

Guys, after some thought, I think it is just going to get too confusing an messy like that. I want to keep things simple. I will change the ranking system to the following.....

Member+

Member++
Member+++
Member++++

Stacker

Stacker+

Stacker++

Stacker+++
Stacker++++

Super Stacker
Super Stacker+

Super Stacker++

Super Stacker+++

Super Stacker++++

King Stacker
King Stacker+

Discounts / Offers

I agree that the coins is confusing.

With regard to the latest list above, I'm not sure we need that many levels.

I still think something meaningful would be better, like going from paper to platinum or something, say 8-10 levels.

Paper

Iron

Steel

Lead

Copper

Silver

Rhodium

Palladium

Gold

Platinum

Stacker since 2013

Member rankings have now been changed, so that the do not reflect a military ranking. The following is the new member rank system. I think the should be fine.

memberranks.tiff

memberranks2.tiff

Discounts / Offers

post-1-0-78526000-1394638735_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-73438000-1394637229_thumb.jpg

Discounts / Offers

Trip Advisor has a ranking system that might suggest a theme.

The number of rankings can be reduced for simplicity.

Not sure how you will screen out the replies that do not contribute anything e.g. just a smiley or similar.

Posting "nothing" shouldn't credit the member's score / ranking.

Trip Advisor has a ranking system that might suggest a theme.

The number of rankings can be reduced for simplicity.

Not sure how you will screen out the replies that do not contribute anything e.g. just a smiley or similar.

Posting "nothing" shouldn't credit the member's score / ranking.

Thanks for your comments Pete. I am going to leave the ranking system because I although it might look like there are too many ranks, in practice it is fine. As the rank name appears next to the members profile info on the left of their posts and is barely noticeable anyway.

Any post will count towards the post count. There is another system in place called member reputation where members earn a point if other members like their particular post. You can see how many points each member has by looking at the members tab on the top, it's just under The Silver Forum logo. There is also a limit on the amount of likes that count towards points for member reputation so it stops a member from joining and liking posts of other members to artificially increase.

Discounts / Offers

Archived