• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Star Trek & Goddesses of Olympus coins in Feb from Perth Mint

AgAuNEWS

Only new here so I'm not tuned into anybody's sense of humour, but that was pretty much my first thought Kman, with the longevity and popularity of the Star Trek series they will probably sell a load though. Might be limiting your resale market a little,should you ever tire of them.

Just clarify, the Perth mint is by far my favourite, just not over keen on this particular coin.

They are certainly not my cup of tea, but I'm not into Star Trek.

I agree with HTS though that you are limiting your resale market, but that's only if you plan on selling.

I'm into lunars, and some people don't particularly like those.

The Star Trek coins might do well though, the RCM (I think) superman coins command quite a premium.

Stacker since 2013

with the longevity and popularity of the Star Trek series they will probably sell a load though.

The Star Trek one might be ok (yet to see pictures)

But was looking at other new releases and a lot just seem novelty tat; tacky

http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalogue/latestReleases.aspx

Don't get me wrong, Perth Mint make some of the best stuff, I bet the Wedge-tailed Eagle 2oz Gold Proof High Relief coin is stunning  :wub:

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

The Perth Mint just realises there's more to the market than just the hard-core collector. These sorts of coins bring in loads of new collectors and they still release lots of clean-struck quality product for us as well. It's damn lunars I get tired of personally. :rolleyes:

The Star Trek coins might do well though, 

I think you can easily change the word "might" to the word "will".

Star Trek's 50th anniversary is next year, 2016. Perth Mint has jumped on the franchise at exactly the right time, and picking up these coins this year with gthe view to flipping them next year as the "anniversary celebrations" hot up might be a profitable idea. The new Star Trek film is also due to be released in 2016, so again the market will be given a boost next year

I'll be looking to get some. Hopefully Strenue will be about with a load of them 

The Star Trek one might be ok (yet to see pictures)

But was looking at other new releases and a lot just seem novelty tat; tacky

http://www.perthmint.com.au/catalogue/latestReleases.aspx

Don't get me wrong, Perth Mint make some of the best stuff, I bet the Wedge-tailed Eagle 2oz Gold Proof High Relief coin is stunning  :wub:

Ah, see what you mean, limited mintage on some of these for a good reason then. It's still my favourite mint, even more so after the milkspot statement to be found elswhere on the forum, sorry, the RCM milkspot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Founder & Administrator

I'm going to have to check the goddesses of Olympus out. I have all of the gods of Olympus coins, so might have to get those as well.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived