• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

where is the best place online to buy PM's

Dieselbhoy

being a newbie who has yet to purchase id just like to ask a quick question

where is the best place to buy online,i dont mind paying a wee bit more from a more reliable source

i was looking at bullion by post but since they used yer details for their own purposes thats made me wary of them

looking at youtube i seen a few videos on gold PAMP bars being fake

so basically im looking for a good seller that i would have no worries about being not 100% i see there are a few mentioned on here but have no idea who to go with

cheers for any heads up and sorry if this isnt the section my request should be posted in,still finding my feet

Easiest to purchase is over the desk in a shop in the city for cash.

Nobody will ever notice such a trade.

Maybe price is not the cheapest way, but all service you use you have to trust your counterparty.

You should also be able to buy in a bank, but maybe you have to use a account there and maybe

your personal data is stored for all the times on any server in US, UK or any other spying country or company.

As you can see on my Avatar i am not the best person to discuss about trust and confidence to any company.

EDIT: soory i have seen to late your are sarching only for a online service

Easiest to purchase is over the desk in a shop in the city for cash.

Nobody will ever notice such a trade.

Maybe price is not the cheapest way, but all service you use you have to trust your counterparty.

You should also be able to buy in a bank, but maybe you have to use a account there and maybe

your personal data is stored for all the times on any server in US, UK or any other spying country or company.

As you can see on my Avatar i am not the best person to discuss about trust and confidence to any company.

EDIT: soory i have seen to late your are sarching only for a online service

cheers m8, to be honest I didn't think banks sold you individual amounts I thought they only dealt with very large amounts, im more a £40 here and £80 there type of guy, and I thought jewellers only bought gold as in jewellery you wanted to sell, ill maybe nip into town tomorrow and have a shop around

cheers

Im new to this game myself and have only used one place so far , silver to go

Have used them twice and both orders have turned up quickly and far cheaper than I could have got them for in uk.

cheers Daz, I think on here I seen a big list of dealers (may have been a previous forum) but I dunno who to start my investing with, id prob hunt for a good while and end up getting fools gold

:wacko:

What do you want to buy?

For silver the most cost effective way is to save up and buy 20+oz at a time from the EU to avoid high VAT. Silver-to-go is popular and for good reason

For the odd coin I tend to pop into town and look in the antique shops for .900 coins, not the cheapest way but I do like having a browse!

Probably classifieds on here would be better than buying from UK dealers as the VAT is a killer

What do you want to buy?

For silver the most cost effective way is to save up and buy 20+oz at a time from the EU to avoid high VAT. Silver-to-go is popular and for good reason

For the odd coin I tend to pop into town and look in the antique shops for .900 coins, not the cheapest way but I do like having a browse!

Probably classifieds on here would be better than buying from UK dealers as the VAT is a killer

cheers m8 ,that's what I like about this forum, very educational and any time iv asked a question no matter how dumb I feel asking it, someone always comes up with a good tip,hint or idea

much appreciated a_a

What do you want to buy?

Sorry m8 forgot to answer your first part, im looking to buy both gold and silver and maybe the odd bit of platinum, silver I think will be more abundant and gold will be my wee treasure trove for me to gaze at when I fancy a wee feel good moment

If it's cheap silver then the only place is online. You'll pay at least 20-100% more buying silver in the UK compared to the dealers in Germany,

If it's Gold then again, the cheapest will be found online. If you check out the following websites, one of these three companies will have the cheapest gold for sale in the UK at any one time.

http://www.hattongardenmetals.com/Buy/OrderForm.aspx

http://www.atkinsonsbullion.com/

https://www.thebullioncentre.com/

The last one has an online price match guarantee.

But with gold you can find cheap deals in your local town. Check out any pawn brokers, where it's possible to haggle, or the cash for gold shops, or any jewellers that advertise buying gold and silver. Many of us have picked up decent bargains this way.

But for a newbie, stick to STG for Silver and the three gold companies above, and you won't go far wrong

If it's cheap silver then the only place is online. You'll pay at least 20-100% more buying silver in the UK compared to the dealers in Germany,

If it's Gold then again, the cheapest will be found online. If you check out the following websites, one of these three companies will have the cheapest gold for sale in the UK

But with gold you can find cheap deals in your local town. Check out any pawn brokers, where it's possible to haggle, or the cash for gold shops, or any jewellers that advertise buying gold and silver. Many of us have picked up decent bargains this way.

But for a newbie, stick to STG for Silver and the three gold companies above, and you won't go far wrong

Much appreciated highland tiger,  I know as a newbie its finding my feet first and through time ill be able to spot where iv went wrong in the past, atkinsons iv seen mentioned on here as a good place to shop

every days a school day as they say

:)

I've only been stacking PM's since April this year, and I've made many an error. I started stacking before I found this forum, so I made many costly mistakes, before the guys on here pointed me in the right direction. Already you are ahead of the game coming on here first before buying your first PM's.

I've decided that 2014 has been my learning year, a year where I can find the cheapest and best dealers in the world, a year where I can gradually finalise my strategy of what I want to buy and how much I want to buy, a year where I can work out storage and security issues of having precious metals, and also a year where I can figure out an exit strategy of how, why, when and where I eventually sell my gold and silver.

I am certainly a million per cent better prepared now, than I was in April. :D   

If it's Gold then again, the cheapest will be found online. If you check out the following websites, one of these three companies will have the cheapest gold for sale in the UK

i'm 4 years plus stacking

In two lines 

• GOLD : If you cant be bothered trawling many different sites & doing the maths - Hatton Garden Metals is a 'simple & reasonable' 3% over spot price (+ delivery) for majority gold coins/bars (4% over spot for UK sovereigns). 
  • SILVER : Silver To Go (Germany) but make your order of sufficient size so you get value for money on your shipping charges.  i.e. dont buy single coins from them but wait until you have enough for a tube of x20 or more so you shipping costs are spread averaged over the x20+ items

Happy stacking ! :)

i'm 4 years plus stacking

In two lines 

• GOLD : If you cant be bothered trawling many different sites & doing the maths - Hatton Garden Metals is a 'simple & reasonable' 3% over spot price (+ delivery) for majority gold coins/bars (4% over spot for UK sovereigns). 
  • SILVER : Silver To Go (Germany) but make your order of sufficient size so you get value for money on your shipping charges.  i.e. dont buy single coins from them but wait until you have enough for a tube of x20 or more so you shipping costs are spread averaged over the x20+ items

Happy stacking ! :)

The only thing I will add is that with HGM remember to add the shipping costs. For one or two coins Atkinsons can be a few pence cheaper delivered to your door The Bullion Centre will however price match any delivered price in the UK, so again it's worth checking them out..... 

But like you say, for simplicity, you're not going to go far wrong dealing with these two companies

Price matching

Free delivery factored into price

Delivery with added shipping costs

Different percentage premiums for fractionals

Different prices for different countries

Different prices for different fractionals from different countries

Different prices for differnet fractionals with free delivery

Different prices for different fractionals without free delivery

Different prices for different fractionals from different years now with numis qualities with free delivery

Different prices for different fractionals from different years now with numis qualities without free delivery

...............Gold is gold at the end of the day 

The bullion company that chooses to adopt the pricing model of SIMPLE, OPEN & HONEST 2.5% or 3% over spot for each and every gold product they offer would get 100% of my future business as i know no other bullion company offers this - SIMPLE !

Personaly i dont think there is enough physical bullion shops sround the country,possibly 10 that i can think of at the top of my head,do you guys think that is because the demand isnt there yet to justify the physical shop in a town center etc? Personaly thereis nothing better than going into a shop and buying,thoughts please,regards bullion builder.

Personaly i dont think there is enough physical bullion shops sround the country,possibly 10 that i can think of at the top of my head,do you guys think that is because the demand isnt there yet to justify the physical shop in a town center etc? Personaly thereis nothing better than going into a shop and buying,thoughts please,regards bullion builder.

I wouldn't be too keen on going into a bullion shop on a regular basis. It wouldn't take a genius to work out that watching someone going into a bullion shop would mean there is a good chance they have a lot of silver and gold at home. Getting your car number plate after following you back to your car, could easily lead to finding out your home address.

I'm not too happy with HGM putting their address on their parcels either, The words "Hatton Garden" could stick in the mind of an observant postie, and they could easily connect the dots... 

I'm not too happy with HGM putting their address on their parcels either, The words "Hatton Garden" could stick in the mind of an observant postie, and they could easily connect the dots... 

that has crossed my mind in the past as well.  Unfortunately this is where they are physically based in London,

£250 spent a year for a Royal Mail PO BOX for returns address of packages this would certainly keep me a happy bunny

There is one about 20 miles away from where I live,they never have much I'm interested in but I have bought a few sovs off them as they are as cheap as most online sellers,plus you sometimes pick up something of interest like the odd Britannia proof.I will continue to have look in to buy sovs now and again.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Iv no idea where the closest to me is,glasgow seems to be my obvious choice though

Keithoil has picked up some sovereigns recently from a couple of places in Edinburgh. If you fancy a trip down the M8. :) Not sure whereabouts in Edinburgh, but I'm sure he'll let you know where. 

Archived