• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Shaunbarry

Yes seen his videos I've emailed him on this but no reply regarding order as European mint is cheaper but £9 charge on visa just to pay invoice £20-£30 post then £9 to pay post bill adds up I like to get minium 25oz a month as stacking ft or weight been told Britannia coins are the best?

@Shaunbarry

The best is subjective. They have stood the test of time though.

They usually come without a hefty premium and are widely recognised. So they’re great if it’s weight you are looking to stack. 

I’m not an expert though. I just buy what I like and try not to wander to far from spot price 😄 More experienced stackers do seem to rate Britannias.

3 hours ago, EscCtrlSurvive said:

@Shaunbarry

that will be an impressively first year for sure! 

I’ll be happy with 200oz myself 😁

Queen’s beast series by the royal mint..

https://www.royalmintbullion.com/Products/Queens-Beasts

First 2 coins are now ridiculously priced now! Stunning though!

You should be buying from the Europeanmint.com

vat free unlike the uk

3 hours ago, Shaunbarry said:

Yes seen his videos I've emailed him on this but no reply regarding order as European mint is cheaper but £9 charge on visa just to pay invoice £20-£30 post then £9 to pay post bill adds up I like to get minium 25oz a month as stacking ft or weight been told Britannia coins are the best?

Why would you pay VISA? Generally i send EUR using Transferwise.com or Currencyfair.com. You open an account - send GBP to your account, exchange them to EUR and then transfer these to the dealer's bank account.

It looks like there will be a Brexit and we don't know what will happened after 29th March so my advice would be to buy your coins before then if you have the cash.

Silver must be seen as a long term hold. Gold is a better buy in the UK as it is tax free to buy and if you buy UK coins there is no Capital Gains Tax when you sell.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

@sixgun

I’ve never actually bought from the royal mint. I tend to avoid transactions where the vendor shouldn’t be wearing a balaclava 😂

So are you suggesting to use the transferwise/currencyfair route for an individual purchase from the euro mint? 

I take it the group buy is to save on postal costs then?

messy business this brexit stuff. I’ve always preferred silver to gold but I suppose the silver to gold ratio may change soon?

Do you think silver stackers will become gold stacks after March? 🤔

@Shaunbarry

I’ve tried to ignore all the brexit bad in the media. I’ve worked as a chef for many years and have tired of people talking about the cost of food (and alcohol) going up.

Now that the Silver may be affected... I’m actually concerned.

I have bought all my silver so far from U.K. dealers. I’ve been paying tax. I’ve set a limit to how’s much I’m willing to pay bearing in mind VAT, P&P and a small premium for the dealer. I’m not sure what the supply method is for the dealers but if they were buying from Europe then it’s very likely they will start charging more once they restock shop post brexit.

I treat silver as a way of preserving my wealth instead of a way to make money. I’m definitely in it for the long run. I prefer precious metals in my hand than digits with some bank anyway. I assume most people are of a similar mindset. 

Im sure it’ll still be possible to buy a decent amount of silver. It will be an interesting year though for sure. Stack what you can for now until it isn’t cost effective.

It maybe that private sales become the way to trade in a few months? And it becomes more of a collected metal than a stacked one? I’m not sure anybody has a concrete conclusion to any of these thoughts?

dont lose hope dude! People have traded silver for thousands of years 😉

4 hours ago, EscCtrlSurvive said:

@sixgun

I’ve never actually bought from the royal mint. I tend to avoid transactions where the vendor shouldn’t be wearing a balaclava 😂

So are you suggesting to use the transferwise/currencyfair route for an individual purchase from the euro mint? 

I take it the group buy is to save on postal costs then?

messy business this brexit stuff. I’ve always preferred silver to gold but I suppose the silver to gold ratio may change soon?

Do you think silver stackers will become gold stacks after March? 🤔

Well when i am buying stuff in EUR or USD, i use one of the online exchange companies - the two i mention are my favourites. i have tended to use Currencyfair the most as they will send USD to Australia and i have done a fair but of that. Transferwise has slightly better rates the last time i looked but that could have changed.

So if i were buying from European Mint this is how i would do it, especially if there were more fees using another method.

i expect if people in the UK have to pay the 20% VAT on silver they will start to shift into gold more. Some members here mainly stack gold anyway.

The group buy is to save postage from Estonia or Belgium.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 minutes ago, EscCtrlSurvive said:

Thanks for the info @sixgun  much appreciated.

I take it you like it down under? No pun intended 😅

how do you rate the 1oz silver kangaroos ?

i deal with down under b/c that is the base for the Kinesis currency system and the Allocated Bullion Exchange.

i hate the 1oz bullion Kangaroo - it is cheap but it is prone to milk spot and i do not like the design at all.

The Royal Australian Mint kangaroos which change design every year as another story - a very nice series.

38 minutes ago, EscCtrlSurvive said:

@sixgun

fascinating stuff this kinesis. I will have to look into further.

It seems to fill in a lot of blanks left by bitcoin. Kind of like a real world application. What pushed you towards kinesis? Is it relatively stable like physical PMs or isn’t it quite volatile like other crypto?

It is title of ownership over vaulted gold and silver which will be on a hard fork of the Stellar blockchain. As it will be fully backed it will be as volatile or stable as gold and silver are. The unbacked crypto are pretty useless as currencies as it stands b/c they are hugely volatile. A currency needs to have stability, be a medium of exchange and a store of value. It is remonitising gold and silver for the 21st century.

Archived