• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2014 1/4 oz Britannia PF 70 valuation

Oldun

I sold a PF69 for £900 not that long ago.  I think I got paid over market price tbh but as they say the price is whatever someone is willing to pay.  You don't see these for sale often in any grade as they were only available in sets.

Thanks breaktwister.

£627 delivered. It pays not to have to fight it out with the western world sometimes but I still have no idea if that is a good price or not as there is no reference point other than yours breaktwister. Paying for it Monday, should arrive this week.

OK, as someone who doesnt really understand the numisistanticness of coins...

What has drive the price of the two coins mentioned to be valued well over 5x its current spot price in weight? is it because 650 is a really low mintage? or is it because PF70 is worth the premium?

(and please dont say both). If it was a higher volume mintage with PF70, or the same mintage with no grading, which would add the most value?

cheers

It is just a thing of beauty. People pay far far more for paintings, cars ovens or even tvs or computers ! The artwork just seems to draw the eye in and hold it there. When buying a painting, you dont consider the base cost of the canvas and paint.

p.s. I picked up the proof  for nowhere near 5x the spot price.  Just need to have patience and timing and a wee bit of luck.

On 12/09/2018 at 14:55, Pritchard said:

OK, as someone who doesnt really understand the numisistanticness of coins...

What has drive the price of the two coins mentioned to be valued well over 5x its current spot price in weight? is it because 650 is a really low mintage? or is it because PF70 is worth the premium?

(and please dont say both). If it was a higher volume mintage with PF70, or the same mintage with no grading, which would add the most value?

cheers

Some folks like to collect these Britannia's.  They only started in 1987 so its not that difficult of a collection to build up....until you realise that some years only had 500 or less minted, some years only came in sets etc.  As always the price is a factor of demand and supply and the fact that this coin just looks amazing increases the demand and price.

Archived