• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Catalogue App for Coins - Keeping Track of your Collection

I have always tried to catalogue my coins on Excel but i generally forget and lose track no matter how much effort I put into the process. The other day on a Facebook forum i saw a recommendation for an IOS app (it may also be on Google Play) called Mystuff2 which is a generalised expansible database for household items and also collectables and I have now been using it for a few days.

There is a PRO version which costs a few £ on the App store and I would recommend this version.

You can create a Coins section, divide up into groups and categories, specify filters which can be used to allow information by multiple segments of the database, backup to iCLOUD and Family share so your family can see all the details of your booty when you have gone and not sell it for peanuts..

There is no limit to the number of elements of data and just about every data type is provided along with calculated fields based on absolute values or runtime prompts. You can take pictures of each coin and keep them in  the database and you can extend the database dynamically changing field types.

With this you can keep tabs on each coin in terms of buy, sell, value, AGW, melt (calculated) etc...you can see immediately what you have and what you paid for it.

http://www.maddysoft.com/iphone/mystuff/

I advise you to setup groups and categories well. Use the Title and Sub-Title Styles. I will upload some pics of my setup below.

Some more screens

5284A823-D561-4B4F-AACD-7B571557B628.thumb.jpeg.e4204e03b393ee1a37ff9290a9216275.jpeg

DF3C8182-9084-4233-9A17-BB9061C08A40.thumb.jpeg.d0451b39fba7cbfabda13e464d1a6fc9.jpeg

4D46E70A-AD05-4D92-B3EF-94B5293B90E5.thumb.jpeg.5af51f702cda0767c6d42d1f228b478a.jpeg

A310114F-4BDD-4259-89C8-AD1F70B4846C.thumb.jpeg.b9ef9505ef17716f409f83592d291a0a.jpeg

Added 0 minutes later...
4 minutes ago, mr-dead said:

Just hope the app is secure and trused.

If you log all your goods along with it recording the GPS location it could send the dev team or a hacker a nice shopping list of things to steal along with the address.

Secure and even on phone protected by passcode and Face ID 

PCGS has two modern apps that may be very useful for people. One is called "Set Registry" and basically tracks all my PCGS coin inventory (new and sold, they have barcode scanner built in and can automatically populate coin info), all my sets and rankings/completion level, and supports TrueView images (it's automatic) as well as my own coin or slab photos. The other is called "My Account" which tracks all my orders with PCGS (when my coins are graded it will send a phone notification, which is cool). I find these extremely helpful. All these apps need logins and supports Touch ID/Face ID etc.

NGC's app only does census and verification so far. Hopefully they support these features soon.

Archived