• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Members

Guys, we need to think of a way to get more people in here.

I know it won't happen overnight, but there must be a way of attracting more stackers.

I have posted up on Kitco, there are a few UK members on there. The post probably won't last long though.

Ideas?

Stacker since 2013

• Founder & Administrator

Hi Dan,

Your definitely right, need to think of it properly. I have already submitted to google, though I need to submit to other search engines. Google will index the site, so the more silver related messages we post the higher up the search rankings we should become.

I could also throw £20 or so at google ad words and try to get some hits from paying. I had some codes somewhere for £50 free adwords when you spend £25, so if I can find one I will try and see if it's brings any visitors, but u suspect it may just bend a lot of spammers.

Nice work on posting a link on the kitco forum, there is also apparently UK forum for coin collectors, could maybe poach some members from there, though I don't know what the actual forum is, and apparently it's not so great.

I want to first get some really great content, I will post some useful info tomorrow about different dealers and where is good to buy from etc. The more content the better we will appear in google rankings once the site has been indexed.

Will take a while and a lot of work. But if there are a few of us that are very active we will eventually get there!

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Thanks Klacey

Dan, maybe you could contact some of the people you sold some silver via eBay to, I am sure they wouldn't mind a quick email letting them know a dedicated UK forum has been set up.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Excellent. Thanks dan. Some of the dealers I purchase from are listed there, I will compile a list later and put it in a thread.

Discounts / Offers

Some ideas:

Google search engine opotomisation. Can be pricey, but these guys know what they are doing.

Add a link to this site in your sgniture so that when you contact people you buy or sell with - eBay or whatever - they will see the link - A UK Dedicated Stackers site. Or coin Enthusiast site, or whatever will mostly appeal to them.

Try and have links on UK dealer sites if possible.

Advertise in UK based coin and numismatic magazines and/or web sites.

Some web sites might be happy to have mutual link exchanges - we plug them, they plug us etc

Sponsors. UK Coin dealers have their own forum on here in exchange for carrying links to this site.

Some ideas:

Google search engine opotomisation. Can be pricey, but these guys know what they are doing.

Add a link to this site in your sgniture so that when you contact people you buy or sell with - eBay or whatever - they will see the link - A UK Dedicated Stackers site. Or coin Enthusiast site, or whatever will mostly appeal to them.

Try and have links on UK dealer sites if possible.

Advertise in UK based coin and numismatic magazines and/or web sites.

Some web sites might be happy to have mutual link exchanges - we plug them, they plug us etc

Sponsors. UK Coin dealers have their own forum on here in exchange for carrying links to this site.

Thanks Shamatti,

The site is SEO friendly and optimised, to help would be good for people to add tags to each new thread when creating. The more good quality original content we get on here about silver the higher in the rankings we will become.

I am going to try and contact some UK & EU based dealers and see if they would be willing to put a link of the forum on their site in exchange for a link on ours.

I had not thought of any offline advertising in magazines etc yet, so thats for the idea.

Discounts / Offers

Excellent. Thanks Danny

Discounts / Offers

Thanks buddy, that's ace.

When I open your site on my mobile, I get the mobile theme with no option to switch to normal. Any chance?

I understand it's under construction.

Cheers

I will look in to it mate, its all pretty new to me so will have to find out how you can switch to normal.

Thanks buddy, that's ace.

When I open your site on my mobile, I get the mobile theme with no option to switch to normal. Any chance?

I understand it's under construction.

Cheers

If you scroll to the bottom of the screen there is a button "full version" just press on that. Workd well on my Android phone, but I prefer the mobile version.

• 1 month later...

New members joining is dropping off slightly. I think we need to get some of our YouTube friends to give us a mention, any volunteers? 

Discounts / Offers

yve8yme6.jpg

Discounts / Offers

That's a little poor isn't it.

I do sometimes wonder if there are that many UK silver stackers.

We haven't been advertising though. All members have joined from other forums and mostly from YouTube.

Apart from recently there hadn't been a single day were we didn't have at least one new member.

Discounts / Offers

Chris I wouldn't worry too much about membership numbers,I used to frequent a site (nothing to do with coins) where the site owner was constantly bragging about the 9000 membership,of those 9000 members only 500 or so had posted and half of those only posted once so the 9000 gets down to 250 of those approx 60 posted every day.

Now the site has virtually collapsed as the site owner pissed everyone off, he gets 7-10 posts a week now from 3 active members including himself and still brags about his 9000 members. :lol:

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

bullionuk.com can be a good place to buy from, however the minimum order is £500. Although the prices are pretty good compared to other places like bullionbypost, right now an ASE is running for £16.60ish including VAT, compared to £30.34 on BBP which is MENTAL.

For some reason before christmas they had loads more types of silver coins available, literally everything, then suddenly they all vanished from the site and they've recently came back but with limited generic bullion mostly, although don't often see the 1oz Kiwi about online.

They've got a reasonable selection of more numi gold coins which (for me) is good to see, however you need to bulk up a buy to £500.

Archived