• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Classic phone call from royal mint.

smokestack

Has anyone else had a phone call from the royal mint. It started out with the usual how are you today sir, i always view anyone who calls me sir with suspicion, the lady on the end of the phone then said that as i was a valued customer they were going to  give me the oppertunity to secure a 2015 quarter proof sovereign. Apparantly there is a huge amount of interest in these coins and they are expecting to sell out fast. Now because i am such a special customer they were able to offer me a discount and could reserve one for me for a mere £110 pounds. I then proceded to tell her that i was not in a position to purchase one right now upon which her tone changed in an instant and she said ok thak you and goodbye. Apparantly she did not want  to carry on chatting with me about how i was doing anymore(i was hoping to tell her about my recent stay in hospital). I did not even get the chance to ask her why the heck i would want to buy a quarter sovereign for £110 plus postage when i could buy a haf sovereign for £100 including postage. I wonder if i ring back and tell them i have just inherited a fortune and i want to buy a load of gold coins from them i could become their best friend again. :D

Sorry Danny, quite right i cannot get proof half sovereigns delivered for £100, i did mean to say  half sovereigns delivered. As i am only interested in gold and silver mainly as a long term saver/investor proof means little to me i am only interested in the gold content. Sorry if i confused anyone with that. I still think royal mint is way too expensive. I bought a proof quarter sovereign reverse design in 2012 for £130 plus postage, my first and only ever purchase from them. At the time i knew so little about gold and silver bullion dealers i was terrified of buying a fake and so went with royal mint as i knew i would get a genuine coin.I did get a pretty box with it as well.

Unfortunately I don't think that will happen as I have never bought from them direct.

Maybe I could register with them on their site.

Obviosly non of my buisness what you do, but to my mind there is not much worth buying from royal mint, at least not for me personally. I suppose a collector might feel differently.

Obviosly non of my buisness what you do, but to my mind there is not much worth buying from royal mint, at least not for me personally. I suppose a collector might feel differently.

Lol smokestack, you made me laugh. I hate the Royal Mint as HH well knows.

If they called me, I would probably tell em to fack off.

Archived