• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Baird & Co

Just set up an account - approved same day - provided the ID required - you have to for many jobs these days,  and I have nothing to hide and they would be subject to GDPR rules.

My transaction wasn't so good.

Slight fault on my part. Most on theirs

Placed order and paid deposit with my bank card.

Next day paid balance with my partners account and reference my sales number also sent email to let them know.

I always do this for the mint.

Week past no contact back so I called 

They said I can't pay from someone else's account but had received the payment. ..... This part is my fault......

Fair enough they placed the order into my partners name and all sorted.

I was told that would be despatch within the next week.

Few weeks past nothing...

Contacted them again and they said they were in the process of minting them.

Way back at the start they confirmed they had them in stock when I paid my deposit.

I was now told it would be a few weeks.

So I cancel my order by email...

After doing this I got pissed off because I bought in a dip and prices were higher now so called them back and said I'll take my silver in any size but I want my total amount. 

Friday I call and They made a few calls to the mint and said it would be sent Monday and I'd get an email for tracking, 

Monday came and went.....

Tuesday I called for update and they said they'll call me back. Never did.

That afternoon got an email from DHL

Cowboys to say I wasn't in when they tried to deliver even though I was.

Contact the cowboys and she said she would sent him back... waited all day never happened.

Next day I got an email and text update to say it would be delivered before six, I called them to make sure. 

It arrived at 20:30 and I didn't have to sign for it...

20 hours ago, silverdocket said:

My transaction wasn't so good.

Slight fault on my part. Most on theirs

Placed order and paid deposit with my bank card.

Next day paid balance with my partners account and reference my sales number also sent email to let them know.

I always do this for the mint.

Week past no contact back so I called 

They said I can't pay from someone else's account but had received the payment. ..... This part is my fault......

Fair enough they placed the order into my partners name and all sorted.

I was told that would be despatch within the next week.

Few weeks past nothing...

Contacted them again and they said they were in the process of minting them.

Way back at the start they confirmed they had them in stock when I paid my deposit.

I was now told it would be a few weeks.

So I cancel my order by email...

After doing this I got pissed off because I bought in a dip and prices were higher now so called them back and said I'll take my silver in any size but I want my total amount. 

Friday I call and They made a few calls to the mint and said it would be sent Monday and I'd get an email for tracking, 

Monday came and went.....

Tuesday I called for update and they said they'll call me back. Never did.

That afternoon got an email from DHL

Cowboys to say I wasn't in when they tried to deliver even though I was.

Contact the cowboys and she said she would sent him back... waited all day never happened.

Next day I got an email and text update to say it would be delivered before six, I called them to make sure. 

It arrived at 20:30 and I didn't have to sign for it...

Sounds like Bairds were surprisingly flexible to me mate. They're a big volume dealer. You order, you pay, you receive. Soon as you deviate from plan, uncertainty and delays are inevitable! 

As for the post delays/signing, there's this funny flu going around causing some issues 😄

55 minutes ago, Melon said:

Sounds like Bairds were surprisingly flexible to me mate. They're a big volume dealer. You order, you pay, you receive. Soon as you deviate from plan, uncertainty and delays are inevitable! 

As for the post delays/signing, there's this funny flu going around causing some issues 😄

Poor customer service. I've always paid everyone this way. Never an issue. I'd did receive an email about not paying at a later stage Around 10 days if I remember correctly. Not a word about the email I sent on day one. 

My partners money was just resting in there account just like father ted 😂 says.

59 minutes ago, silverdocket said:

Poor customer service. I've always paid everyone this way. Never an issue. I'd did receive an email about not paying at a later stage Around 10 days if I remember correctly. Not a word about the email I sent on day one. 

My partners money was just resting in there account just like father ted 😂 says.

Yea sounds like they could have been better customer service no doubt. My learning from my modest amount of transactions is to just keep things as simple as possible and totally straightforward with bullion dealers, because customer service (with a few notable exceptions) isn't their strong suit. 

My last order from Baird’s took an age to arrive. I want a couple more 500gm minted bars but I’m going to wait until things calm down.

Baird’s communications could be better.

I've had good experiences with Baird & Co, some bullion sovereigns I ordered came quick sharp despite the delay warning on the website and they replaced one that arrived with a mark on it within a good time frame and with friendly communication. My last order of a silver bar is taking a while, I had the payment confirmation email but nothing since. Because of the previous happy times with them I'm not worried about the delay or the radio silence. A lot of dealers (especially the European ones) are having issues with email response so I guess it's a staffing/workload issue common to all of them. It's not like I'm intending on selling the bar so not freaked about it not being in hand yet, although I would like to poke it if I'm being honest 😁

I would like to set up an account instead of just checking out as guest. I have no issue providing ID and whatnot but the third degree that goes along with the application turned me off. For a financial transaction with a metal dealer I'm game for ID, address and payment details but anything more is too personal for me. 

Archived