• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How Do You Store Your Coins

Keithoil

Dude I already did but you doidn't like it 'cos it was an Australian shop. I haven't lived in England for 4 yeras, I have no idea who sells what over their. But follow those google links to WH Smith and John Lewis and you will find dozens of pencil cases just the same. Better yet - pop in to WH Smiths next time you are in town. Take an empty coin capsule with you. This is what I did here in Australia until I finaly found something that fit.  :)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude I already did but you doidn't like it 'cos it was an Australian shop. I haven't lived in England for 4 yeras, I have no idea who sells what over their. But follow those google links to WH Smith and John Lewis and you will find dozens of pencil cases just the same. Better yet - pop in to WH Smiths next time you are in town. Take an empty coin capsule with you. This is what I did here in Australia until I finaly found something that fit.  :)

I will do that, Just hope that the staff dont think Im wierd for putting plastic in pencil cases. Might need to use the "Its for my younger brother" excuse. 

CurryMuncher you might want to try one of the pound shops, although they may be all plastic and not cloth/canvas based. Let em know how you get on as I am not able to look for another 2 weeks.

And why are you up this late, my excuse is I am at work in Qatar!!

Cheers

K

• Founder & Administrator

The top ones with red caps and the white square ones are from Air tites in the US http://www.air-tites.com/

and the see through coin tubes in the bottom picture are on Amazon UK ;)

I have a couple of these red tubes that I use for some Perth mint coins. Bought them from air tites. Have to say, shipping was ridiculous!

I am also planning to get a lighthouse coin case to display some of my coins.

I have a fireproof safe lined with black anti tarnishing felt and a whole load of silica gel packets. My silver is going to stay shinny of 1000's of years.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Yes I checked the site out and found shipping rather expensive. I will try the pencil cases as they will be cheap and if I don't like them I can give them to the girls. But you should be able to get something like that in the UK.

CurryMuncher you might want to try one of the pound shops, although they may be all plastic and not cloth/canvas based. Let em know how you get on as I am not able to look for another 2 weeks.

And why are you up this late, my excuse is I am at work in Qatar!!

Cheers

K

Night shifts baby :) 

Infact I reckon Its Genius. Once My stack becomes valuable (in the thousands) I will stick them in old pencil cases, suitcases e.t.c, and have a 2 safes out in the main bedrooms, filled with clad, silver and gold coins/bars. So If  anything does happen the thiefs would think they hit the jackpot 

The clad rubbish is a good idea,hopefully the thief would get caught in the process, but if not they might come back for the real stuff once they realize,  so maybe a sacrificial small stack of real bullion say 1oz bars is better.

Also splitting the stack into smaller increments hidden in multiple places is better, would take time to locate all and i wager shipmate not all would be found and it would bring time for us so the thief would have more time to be caught.If he could get passed my dog that is. 

The clad rubbish is a good idea,hopefully the thief would get caught in the process, but if not they might come back for the real stuff once they realize,  so maybe a sacrificial small stack of real bullion say 1oz bars is better.

Also splitting the stack into smaller increments hidden in multiple places is better, would take time to locate all and i wager shipmate not all would be found and it would bring time for us so the thief would have more time to be caught.If he could get passed my dog that is. 

I need to start proof reading lol pass not passed, i wish i went to school when i was in port AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

I think SilverPirate is a real pirate.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

The black seethrough pencil case in the centre holds 29 1Oz coins and 2 1/2 Oz coins.

Sham, you keep your silver in ladies fishnets.

Hope you washed them first buddy, or your silver is gonna get toned!!!

Stacker since 2013

How are the edges on the air tite capsules, are they nice like the Perth mint capsules, or are they like the lighthouse ones with overlapping edges. I have a few coins that came in these crappy capsules, as well as a couple in flips.

I want to transfer into the nicest capsules I can find to display them in a case. Are the air tite capsules the best around?

Discounts / Offers

I stored the bullion in what it comes with.

The 90% junk, and lose bullion tubes, I store in icecream boxes, the more expensive ice comes in a kind box that closes airtight.

Especially the 90% junk looks good, open the lid and it's like you wun the lottery :D

Archived