• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

If you were going to stack just one series of coins

Myblueheaven

I've gone with lunar 2 series.......although I have ordered 1oz kooks...2oz queens beasts & 2oz libertads..... oh and 1 x 1oz Australian swan ( at a premium ) just so ive got one....... Through BYBs GS.be order.

But will prob stick with stacking the lunar 2s and possibly the queens beasts.

Sticking with sovereigns also....

Myblueheaven

Just starting out on this silver journey too, taken on board the advice to focus on a couple of series.  Going for the Queens beasts as they are great designs and I'm in at about the beginning, and the accelerated two a year gives me a nice medium term outlook.  Also probably get on to the Rwanda lunar, again because in at the start, wasn't sure about the rooster at first but its grown on me greatly... just pausing to see what their dog looks like after the UK lunar effort :blink:.  

The QBs have a great design, but If I was going to choose only 1 series to stack and hoping for premium growth then I would avoid anything from any mints that are likely to milkspot. Milkspotted coins you will only ever be lucky to get spot for them. That's fine for the "emergency" portion of your stack but I'm hoping to get a bit more than spot for most of my coins when I eventually sell them.  That's why I prefer the kooks - they are relatively low premium but have a record of moderate appreciation, very unlikely to milkspot, plus they come in a protective capsule. They represent the best risk vs reward in terms of premium appreciation imo.  I also think they generally have great designs every year. Not "wow" designs, but just in a decent understated way.

This is probably just a national pride thing and being local they have the lowest premium over spot, but I love my Canadian Maple Leafs. When going for just a pile of 1oz coins, locally they are always the cheapest. I have not had a problem with milk spotting on any of the coins, but I know that this could be a problem eventually. They are the same every year, which is boring to some, but as just bullion they are the ones that I go for. I still have every other 1oz that I can get my hands on, but the Canadian Maple Leafs are the ones that I stack rather than just collect.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2017 at 14:12, Cacc said:

This is probably just a national pride thing and being local they have the lowest premium over spot, but I love my Canadian Maple Leafs. When going for just a pile of 1oz coins, locally they are always the cheapest. I have not had a problem with milk spotting on any of the coins, but I know that this could be a problem eventually. They are the same every year, which is boring to some, but as just bullion they are the ones that I go for. I still have every other 1oz that I can get my hands on, but the Canadian Maple Leafs are the ones that I stack rather than just collect.

Nice to know there's at least one person in the world who hasn't got a milk spotted maple.

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

5 hours ago, tbone said:

It would be between lunars and kooks for me, but I'd go with lunar 1oz primarily due to 300k cap vs 500k for 1oz kooks.  Get them in 20 coin rolls still wrapped.

The Australian Lunars are a nice coin, I am slowly acquiring a collection/stack of these.

I have some wrapped Kooks also,  although the mintage up to 2010 was 300k and 500k from 2010 to present.

The Australian coins seem really nice, the swan is a gorgeous too.

I wouldn't stack just one type, I know I don't. What's favour on the month now, might not be in 5/10/20 years time. If purely for stacking for wealth in year X get the lowest price you can now, however that only works if the spot does a lot better than other investments.

IMHO Lunar II, Pandas, Brits and QB's are the ones to go for, well those are the ones I go for.

Archived