• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Beginning to Stack 2024

On 13/02/2024 at 07:31, Saxon79 said:

My idea behind buying some Silver was to hold it at least 10 years. 

That would be a good amount of time to hold it, I have a decent stack of silver mostly Brits but also some 10 oz bars but the last few years I been focusing more on gold now.

On 13/02/2024 at 07:33, SidS said:

Interesting to note that no central banks hold silver. The last real stockpiles (beyond industrial or bullion brokers) went when silver stopped being used for circulating coinage in the 1960s/70s.

https://londonlovesbusiness.com/will-silver-catch-up-with-gold/

I found this recent article quite insightful, I think with the current funds going into crypto and shares this also has a downward effect on silver but this won't continue in the medium/long term I suspect. 

Edited by londonfella81

• 1 month later...
On 12/02/2024 at 08:38, Saxon79 said:

If you had never stacked precious metals before would you begin to stack Silver in 2024? If not why not and what would you invest your money in? 

Why not. Silver is cheap, pretty, and will always hold intrinsic value. And like 'The Pools' you might get a surprise return on it someday, but I wouldn't hold breath.

Silver's most attractive asset is to scratch an overwhelming itch, which it does nicely, so you can't really lose.

Big ... chunky ... bars! 1oz coins. Lions and tigers and bears ohhhhhhh my!

30 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

Why not. Silver is cheap, pretty, and will always hold intrinsic value. And like 'The Pools' you might get a surprise return on it someday, but I wouldn't hold breath.

Silver's most attractive asset is to scratch an overwhelming itch, which it does nicely, so you can't really lose.

Big ... chunky ... bars! 1oz coins. Lions and tigers and bears ohhhhhhh my!

Also if you end up with a fake unexpectedly, you're only 10s of £s out of pocket and not 100s.

16 minutes ago, SidS said:

Also if you end up with a fake unexpectedly, you're only 10s of £s out of pocket and not 100s.

Very good point. I am going to buy Silver of here because the premiums plus vat make it a non starter for buying from dealers.

4 hours ago, SidS said:

Still a bummer but I do agree. Better to knock a bottle of Lambrini off the table than a bottle of Whisky.

On 25/03/2024 at 16:01, Saxon79 said:

Very good point. I am going to buy Silver of here because the premiums plus vat make it a non starter for buying from dealers.

Dealers do have Second Hand Silver available at lower premiums, though you will need large quantities usually to match prices on here.