• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

HELP NEEDED WITH IDENTIFYING THIS ISLE OF MAN GOLD HALF SOVEREIGN?

Organics

Hi All, 

Does anyone know anything about this coin, as I can't find anything about it online. I've been offered it from someone I know, who also doesn't know much about it. 

It has the initials of PM which I think stands for Pobjoy Mint, and it weighs in at 4g. 

So is it a half sovereign from the Isle of man? Is it proof? (I don't have enough experience to know), 

I've been offered it for €310.00 euros but don't know if that's good or not. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

P.S Sorry about the quality of images but it's what I received. 

IMG_9117.jpg

IMG_9118.jpg

IOM Crowned Shield half sovereign, made by Pobjoy Mint under licence
Don't see many of the crossed shield type, worth a small premium over the standard IOM sovereigns which sell pretty well considering they are secondary mint coins
310 Euro's seems a good offer

40 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Don't see many of the crossed shield type, worth a small premium over the standard IOM sovereigns which sell pretty well considering they are secondary mint coins

Thank you very much for the information 👌

48 minutes ago, Orpster said:

11 minutes ago, Organics said:

Thank you very much for the information 👌

53 minutes ago, Orpster said:

I’ve looked at the Pobjoy mint website to see if they have anymore information on this coin in relation to mintages. However there’s nothing available. Would you happen to know if there’s a resource to find this out? 

29 minutes ago, AdamDutton said:

but was a more common year dunno about the mintage yours has 

Thank you 

52 minutes ago, Orpster said:

I would normally start with Numista to find mintages for anything not minted by Royal Mint

Thank you 

51 minutes ago, AdamDutton said:

Sold mine for £220 + POST quite recently 

Was yours a cross shield sovereign? I’ve had a look on Numista and couldn’t find any reference of it. What year was yours? I did find a cross shield, proof, double sovereign in the USA from 1984, and they said only 10 were minted. So I’m starting to think it’s quite scarce. 

On 21/12/2023 at 18:37, Organics said:

👍👍👍

@AdamDutton, @Orpster, @James32 Thank you for all your help. After also reading some older posts about the value of PM and the fact they’re closing down, I relayed all this to the seller. Like me, he had no idea. So he reduced the price and let me have it today for €255 euros. It’s now part of my collection and pretty happy with it. Happy holidays 🙏

16 minutes ago, Organics said:

@AdamDutton, @Orpster, @James32 Thank you for all your help. After also reading some older posts about the value of PM and the fact they’re closing down, I relayed all this to the seller. Like me, he had no idea. So he reduced the price and let me have it today for €255 euros. It’s now part of my collection and pretty happy with it. Happy holidays 🙏

Very good price 👌 enjoy and merry Christmas 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

22 minutes ago, Organics said:

I must have misread I thought you were selling 🤷‍♂️

good price I think