• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold 2024: How low can it go?

Kitalon

The gold price stays within the Bollinger bands nearly all the time. We have just bounced off the bottom. RSI is below 50 and the MACD is negative, so momentum is downward. These things have little predictive value though. The price could slide down the band or bounce back up to the top.

On a macro basis, things are more positive. The Fed will not let a recession happen in the run-up to a US election. If the economy turns down, they will reverse the monetary tightening, even if inflation is still above 2%. That will be negative for the USD and positive for gold and crypto.

gold-price-2024-01-18.jpg.2118c1f82418c8d9f37fc0abaac1522b.jpg

That's really useful to know. It's good to see how gold has behaved over the past year but I think it's also insightful to go back 3 - 5, even 10 years ago see the longer-term trend. Do you think gold will eventually plateau?

Edited by Kitalon

5 minutes ago, Kitalon said:

That's really useful to know. It's good to see how gold has behaved over the past year but I think it's also insightful to go back 3 - 5, even 10 years ago see the longer-term trend. Do you think gold will eventually plateau?

Your guess is as good as ours mate  imho

image.thumb.png.7dda161aac9ac313945fbc26ca7033d4.png

I'm alright, Jack, Keep your hands off of my stack

3 minutes ago, Kitalon said:

Most likely Gold will tank after a blow off top, thats how most markets change direction very few plateau. Personally I think gold has another leg up to come according to elliot wave theory the final big kahuna is building imo providing we hold above $2k. Could easily double over the next 3-4 years, most of the action coming towards the end of this multi decade bull run.

It will all make sense in a few years looking in the rear view mirror lol

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024