• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Guy trying to sell PMs around the world

Sort his videos by 'popular' and have a look how distinctly uncompetitive some dealers can be.

In Austria some wouldn't even offer to buy US silver coins at any price😕

https://www.youtube.com/@FinanciallyAware/videos

Everybody knows the war is over / Everybody knows the good guys lost
                               Everybody knows the boat is leaking / Everybody knows the captain lied..   Be seeing you2 sm.jpg

“The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent”

40 minutes ago, JohnA1 said:

Sort his videos by 'popular' and have a look how distinctly uncompetitive some dealers can be.

In Austria some wouldn't even offer to buy US silver coins at any price😕

https://www.youtube.com/@FinanciallyAware/videos

I have seen that video a few months ago. He looked dodgy and that is why some bullion dealers would not even open the door to him.  Most bullion dealers want pure silver in Europe

Never Chase and Never Regret 

17 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Most bullion dealers want pure silver in Europe

Yes, most banks offered it to whilst I was there. 

29 minutes ago, Spyder said:

some bullion dealers would not even open the door to him.

Probably because he had a camera strapped to him. Wouldn't have thought many dealers here would let you film them.

2 hours ago, Bigmarc said:

Probably because he had a camera strapped to him. Wouldn't have thought many dealers here would let you film them.

Don't think he had a camera, that's why he plays back the sound with footage from the street.

Everybody knows the boat is leaking / Everybody knows the captain lied..   Be seeing you2 sm.jpg

22 hours ago, JohnA1 said:

n Austria some wouldn't even offer to buy US silver coins at any price

In Vienna one dealer (well established and with good prices actually) refused to buy from me 1oz gold Robin Hood, as it's "not in their system". 🥴

But it doesn't mean I wouldn't be able to sell it to other dealers, if I wanted. 

So a 1 Oz gold (or silver) coin not in their 'system' is worth (to them) effectively zero? Seriously?

This stinks of a political agenda preparing for The Great Taking

I understand that a native 1 Oz coin to be fetching a premium compared to an equivalent coin from a foreign mint (CGT implications, familiarity, what have you).

Yeah, the US circulated silver coins are not bullion-worthy and not for everyone, but they do contain silver don't they? They can't be treated as worthless

Refusing to even quote a price? Wow..

Edited by JohnA1

2 hours ago, JohnA1 said:

So a 1 Oz gold (or silver) coin not in their 'system' is worth (to them) effectively zero? Seriously?

Well, I was also quite surprised, at the same time can't say too upset. All dealers are the private companies and not anyhow "obliged" to buy all precious metals in any form. As said, quite possible that other dealers would give for that coin a decent price, and pretty much sure the pawn shops would buy it readily (the question of price though).

Even funnier, one day I also came to that dealer with UK gold Lunar, and they said they can buy it, but with a quite substantial (don't remember exactly, maybe around eur 50) discount comparing to buying price of Phils, Britannia, etc. That time I said "no". But around 2 months later I came to them with the same coin, being ready for discounted price, but the gave the "usual" price for it without saying a word 🤪