• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The 2024 Silver Britannia doesn’t excite me - I’m out!

2 hours ago, bluffer said:

playing devils advocate, we have just left a period when new designs were being flung at us left right center up down and almost every angle on the compass almost weekly, the change from QE2 to C111, the memorial, the jubilee, the coronation, the cypher, bullion gold, bullion silver, bullion platinum, cuni proofs, circulating commemoratives, as well as the other regular releases.  To be honest I think we and RM deserve a respite to allow space. 

Next year maybe is the time for more new stuff. But then how often do they change it, every year, every two. five....?

The quality issues i will be "generous" and say "some" has been down to the quantity of releases.

Milk spotting - no excuses there.  If other mints can do it, so should the oldest in the world and most prestigious.  ( according to their web site )

And other mints have milk spots on their silver!

13 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@365DaysofSilver They are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't change it.  It's a bullion product so it's like to be the same for a good number of years until theres some anniversary or some sort.  The proof Brits change every year.    

I'm the opposite I'm begging the proof Sovereign is George and the Dragon for the next decade.

Agreed!

I love monotony on coins, that's why I like Swiss coins. Same design for a hundred years or more.

Tbh I think the design is incredible, my favourite by a country mile out of all government issues coins. The waves and security features look fantastic, especially in gold. If they could sort the milk spotting out I’d buy a lot more though, that made me stop after a tube. Oddly other RM silver coins like queens beasts and the Robin Hood series that I’ve got seem to have a better finish and no milk spotting.