• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello

Does anyone know what these slabs are called and who sells them. In the photos, the hole in the foam is for a half sovereign, but that could be for any coins up to 1oz.  

These look good and both sides face and back are held together by those two corner pins which are strong magnets. 

Thank you in advance for any information received

Spyder

mag slabs1.jpg

mag slabs2.jpg

mag slabs3.jpg

Edited by Spyder

Never Chase and Never Regret 

London Mint Office use these for their over-priced tat, and they also repackage real coins in them sometimes to give them an air of collectability (I know, so cynical!)

Not aware of them selling them separately, though you see them doing the rounds on the secondary market occasionally.  They are usually supplied in presentation boxes.  The slabs on their own are pretty cool as they magnetise to each other as well

IMG_10181.thumb.JPG.9adb84189e324d3683ec8bc55ebbd5cd.JPG

IMG_10161.thumb.JPG.6b6ac272a272ced532d357834d632d9c.JPG IMG_10171.thumb.JPG.ac769792d2c37f142bb4824a81c279a4.JPG

Yes, those are the ones. Very cool slabs. Mine also came from a similar wooden style box.  It would be good to get them as they are the nicest non sealed slabs about.

Now the the question is, where do London Mint get them from?

Edited by Spyder

32 minutes ago, NGMD said:

I bought some 1/10 off @James32 with these. Quite cool-he May know.

A6179077-8885-4E15-A9FF-78DCC73ED983.jpeg

I am not sure about having the brass style name plate.  Then again it, if the holders are the same size, it just knowing where to get the foam, a compass cutter and one can make holders for any coin.

• 3 weeks later...