• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver In Krakow

Hi all! I’ll be visiting Krakow later this year from the U.K. and just wondered if anyone knew any good places to check out for silver coins and bars? And also if anyone has general knowledge of silver out there; are the premiums better/worse than U.K.? How do I bring it back without getting into trouble etc. Thanks in advance

You will have to Pay UK VAT on customs duty if you dont they will confiscate until you do. That simples...

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

5 hours ago, Deano17 said:

Hi all! I’ll be visiting Krakow later this year from the U.K. and just wondered if anyone knew any good places to check out for silver coins and bars? And also if anyone has general knowledge of silver out there; are the premiums better/worse than U.K.? How do I bring it back without getting into trouble etc. Thanks in advance

I could show you around, feel free to ping me in DM :)

The lowest premium I was able to find was Spot +$5, average is around $8-9. But it’s always possible to negotiate good deals with LCS

And please bring some US junk silver if you have for sale, I’d love to buy some if the price is reasonable ;) 

Edited by AriArid

2 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

You will have to Pay UK VAT on customs duty if you dont they will confiscate until you do. That simples...

Allowance for other goods

You can bring in other goods worth up to £390 (or up to £270 if you arrive by private plane or boat).

If you go over your allowance you pay tax and duty on the total value of the goods, not just the value above your allowance.

You may have to pay customs duty if you exceed your allowance.

5 hours ago, AriArid said:

The lowest premium I was able to find was Spot +$5, average is around $8-9. But it’s always possible to negotiate good deals in LCSs.

And please bring some US junk silver if you have for sale, I’d love to buy some if the price is reasonable ;) 

What's reasonable? The best prices I've seen are on TSF at around 21 times face value. Maybe you get hit with taxes if GB-Poland but you could use a reshipper GB-NI-Poland to avoid any EU customs palava 

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

6 hours ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

What's reasonable? The best prices I've seen are on TSF at around 21 times face value. Maybe you get hit with taxes if GB-Poland but you could use a reshipper GB-NI-Poland to avoid any EU customs palava 

Are you, by any chance, gonna visit Krakow too and have some junk silver to sell? ;) 

Reshipping sounds interesting, could you please give more details? 

Edited by AriArid

13 hours ago, FriedrichVonHayek said:

Allowance for other goods

You can bring in other goods worth up to £390 (or up to £270 if you arrive by private plane or boat).

If you go over your allowance you pay tax and duty on the total value of the goods, not just the value above your allowance.

You may have to pay customs duty if you exceed your allowance.

Noted @HerefordBullyun! Thank you. But as @FriedrichVonHayek as stated, it was was under £390, could I simply declare that they are collectable silver coins & avoid any payments? Or keep it under £390 just incase but not even declare it unless stopped?

Edited by Deano17

15 hours ago, AriArid said:

The lowest premium I was able to find was Spot +$5, average is around $8-9. But it’s always possible to negotiate good deals with LCS

Thanks @AriArid seems not to far off what we can get on here really (UK) but might be nice to buy a coin or two as a souvenir at least!

I don't have any junk sorry mate. My stack is very small; handful of coins and few bars, but it makes me happy :) 

3 hours ago, Deano17 said:

Thanks @AriArid seems not to far off what we can get on here really (UK) but might be nice to buy a coin or two as a souvenir at least!

I don't have any junk sorry mate. My stack is very small; handful of coins and few bars, but it makes me happy :) 

Cool! Just let me know when you know the dates, I’ll clean up my calendars :)

9 hours ago, AriArid said:

Are you, by any chance, gonna visit Krakow too and have some junk silver to sell? ;) 

Reshipping sounds interesting, could you please give more details? 

I do have junk constitutional silver but not for sale (it's junk when buying and constitutional when owning/selling)

As for reshipping, you can get a quote here from a company based in Northern Ireland for shipping to Poland:

UK Shipping Address and Depot | Parcel Forwarding Service| Parcel Flow

It's quite expensive depending on weight and postal service (DHL, ParcelForce (Royal Mail) or ParcelFlow). You may desire a different postal option. I would do it for a flat fee of £20 + your choice of post sent in a regular way NI-Poland. I'm sure you'd get better service and security with me but you'd have to work out the numbers whether it is worth it or not. Clearnet items only 😂

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative