• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold 1oz Eagles - which size capsule?

Aldebaran

1oz Eagles are 32.7 mm diameter, which size capsules should I buy? 34mm 35mm………? 

Coins are not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. (Joseph Campbell).

1 minute ago, Aldebaran said:

1oz Eagles are 32.7 mm diameter, which size capsules should I buy? 34mm 35mm………? 

They fit in the same capsules as britannias. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255946689410

Ps, have a look around as you can often get them cheaper 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

They fit in the same capsules as britannias. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255946689410

Ps, have a look around as you can often get them cheaper 

Thank you 😎

24 minutes ago, Aldebaran said:

I like Lighthouse Perfect Fit capsules.  Very clear, no edge and exactly the right height.  They say 32.6, but Brits definitely fit.  I'd be surprised if 0.1mm makes a difference, but I can't guarantee it - I don't have any Eagles (yet).

Perfect Fit Coin Capsules Size 32 6mm 25 or 100 Grips (coingallery.co.uk)

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

3 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

I like Lighthouse Perfect Fit capsules.  Very clear, no edge and exactly the right height.  They say 32.6, but Brits definitely fit.  I'd be surprised if 0.1mm makes a difference, but I can't guarantee it - I don't have any Eagles (yet).

Perfect Fit Coin Capsules Size 32 6mm 25 or 100 Grips (coingallery.co.uk)

Thank you - I’m pleased, I have just bought a couple of boxes of Lighthouse on eBay, maybe I should have checked Amazon too!!

You never know, I might sell some - complete with free capsule😂

14 hours ago, Aldebaran said:

Thank you - I’m pleased, I have just bought a couple of boxes of Lighthouse on eBay, maybe I should have checked Amazon too!!

You never know, I might sell some - complete with free capsule😂

Quick rundown of my experiences with coin capsules:

Air-Tites cater more for the stackers.  They have a fixed outer diameter (for each series letter), and either an inner plastic rim or a foam ring to fit the coin size.  They are also flatter in profile so they stack better, and of course they sell tubes for each series to aid stacking.  Much harder to get in Europe, and consequently can be quite expensive.  The lids fit very tightly together (hence the name) but can be quite awkward to open, as they don't provide a cut-out to get your fingernail in.

Lighthouse are more for the collectors.  The capsules are available in many (many) different sizes, but vary inner and outer.  They have a slightly curved surface, which looks nicer on displays IMHO.  'Grips' have rims, and are the older range.  Their 'Ultra' range have smooth edges and super clear plastic.  Within 'Ultra' there is 'Perfect Fit', which are only available in a few of the really popular sizes, including ones for 1oz gold and silver coins - tighter tolerances and hold the coin firmly.  'Intercept' have the foam surround, and kind of look like Air-Tites, but their outer diameter varies with the inner, so they are not as stacker friendly.  Much easier and cheaper to get in Europe.

Edited by Charliemouse

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."

54 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

Quick rundown of my experiences with coin capsules:

Air-Tites cater more for the stackers.  They have a fixed outer diameter (for each series letter), and either an inner plastic rim or a foam ring to fit the coin size.  They are also flatter in profile so they stack better, and of course they sell tubes for each series to aid stacking.  Much harder to get in Europe, and consequently can be quite expensive.

Lighthouse or more for the collectors.  The capsules are available in many (many) different sizes, but vary inner and outer.  They have a slightly curved surface, which looks nicer on displays IMHO.  'Grips' have rims, and are the older range.  Their 'Ultra' range have smooth edges and super clear plastic.  Within 'Ultra' there is 'Perfect Fit', which are only available in a few of the really popular sizes, including ones for 1oz gold and silver coins - tighter tolerances and hold the coin firmly.  'Intercept' have the foam surround, and kind of look like Air-Tites, but their outer diameter varies with the inner, so they are not as stacker friendly.  Much easier and cheaper to get in Europe.

Thank you again, I’m not certain which variant I have bought other than they are Lighthouse - non foam. Whichever variant they turn out to be they will be a vast improvement on their existing storage conditions!!