• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

5oz mayan coin - toning project

I got this coin off a well known forum member who only photographed the back & the front had large milk spot. :( 
Anyway. I have decided to have it as my foever coin and handle it etc. 

Am I right in thinking that putting it in the sun will tone it nicely? 
I wanted a more gradual/natural change than the rainbow stuff online.

The mayan stuff is quite close to my heart so I will keep this forever. 

IMG_3049.JPG

IMG_3050.JPG

IMG_3051.JPG

Edited by Stacktastic

7 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

I got this coin off a well known forum member who only photographed the back & the front had large milk spot. :( 

Well that's disappointing. These are recommendations not rules (it is against the rules to discuss the rules)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Declaring the condition of your item/coin for sale - Additional Important Info, Rules & Guidelines - The Silver Forum

When however, an item arrives and there are issues or imperfections on the coin (or other item) it is saddening, but often not worth complaining over. I would however be cautious of that seller in the future ....

.... Though the buyer also has a responsibility to ask the condition, as a seller you know more about the condition of the item. To avoid any issues and to keep the forum trade section transparent and honest we strongly recommend for sellers to disclose the condition of their item. i.e. mentioning any imperfections, spots, milk spotting, lint inside the capsule, damage to the capsule etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

1 hour ago, MintageSeller said:

Might tan

it is - its had a sun bed session for a few hours and looks bronzer. ;) 
I will carry on & over time it should really become quite nice by the end of the summer. 

Would adding bacardi and coke and sun screen help at all. ;) 

Edited by Stacktastic

57 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

it is - its had a sun bed session for a few hours and looks bronzer. ;) 
I will carry on & over time it should really become quite nice by the end of the summer. 

Would adding bacardi and coke and sun screen help at all. ;) 

I dont think that will help unless yoy want to seduce it 

On 27/04/2023 at 08:53, theman73 said:

Lovely coin

Do you want to sell it?

No thats the one coin I want to add some love too - it sits on my desk day to day - something special about it. 
Also being into alternative stuff the mayan thing really rings true. 

Been leaving it in the sun and its toning nicely. 

Edited by Stacktastic

• 3 weeks later...

Sat on my desk and been a bit handled but its changing slowly. 
I have bought some liver of sulphate so will do the back as a grey/black & silver - but subtle. 

Dont know why I called it Mayan - its Aztec isnt it? ;) 

IMG_3321.thumb.jpg.b1715f946532a0cb49bff32aaa1bb12f.jpg

IMG_3316.jpg

Edited by Stacktastic