• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How can I make something like this?

3 hours ago, silvergaga said:

You will need a furnace to smelt the gold, I think.

I just used that image as an example. I want to use silver. In many videos like this one Molds.

It shows molds that have the artwork already in it which would make them perfectly round.

I want the edges to look like an old pirate coin like the image I posted. 

How are those designs put on? Is it pressed on? hammered?

There are a number of skilled PM craftsmen who are TSF members. This is not my area of expertise and apologies if I overlooked anyone but these guys should be able to point you in the right direction:

@BackyardBullion

@SilverDragons

@StBeesSilver (this guy made a 999 fine sword so he can probably make a round with his eyes closed)

@SilverAngel (Forum sponsor who does hand poured silver)

Here are some videos from @SilverDragons on how to make a silver round:

Or if you want to make something larger:

Edited by HonestMoneyGoldSilver
Can't forget the Forum Sponsors!

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

11 hours ago, maverick323 said:

I just used that image as an example. I want to use silver. In many videos like this one Molds.

It shows molds that have the artwork already in it which would make them perfectly round.

I want the edges to look like an old pirate coin like the image I posted. 

How are those designs put on? Is it pressed on? hammered?

You would never get detail on a piece that small from an open pour.  It would been to be sand casted or use a die. Being so small , a hammer and stamp would do it easily.

20230418_140743.jpg

Edited by StBeesSilver

That looks like it was wax stamped and then the wax from the stamp, used to make a mould to cast it. If you want to know anything i will be able to give you advice, i have worked in heavy engineering casting for a long time and its the same principle but alot bigger. 

Edited by Jake0111