• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Britannia Edge Privy

Danny-boy

Hi, has anybody heard of these, minted in the UK but only sold in the US?

I bought the snake, and will buy the horse in the next week or so.

Basically, exactly the same as a britannia but with a smooth edge and little animals stamped round the edge.

Mintage of 350k only.

post-2-1394963239108_thumb.jpg

Stacker since 2013

• Founder & Administrator

Those look nice, they look completely different. Looking at the photo the Britannia herself looks indented rather than raised, but maybe it's just the lighting?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Yes it is just the lighting, they are exactly the same as the normal britannia.

I'm no big fan of smooth edge coins, but these are really nice.

Just wondering if any of our US boys would be able to send me over a couple of horse ones?

Stacker since 2013

I have been selling them on eBay for the past few months. There are only limited coins which you can buy from a certain dealer. I have 2 left which I am keeping for myself

I have two as well.

You getting the horses anytime soon mate?

The snakes don't look like they have been selling too well, is that right?

I thought people would be all over them.

Stacker since 2013

I don't think these priv stamp coins hold any great value, read a rumour that it was just a way for Perth mint to get around the 300,000 mintage limit on 1 oz lunar coins , I think they were one of the first to do this ?

• Founder & Administrator

I don't think these priv stamp coins hold any great value, read a rumour that it was just a way for Perth mint to get around the 300,000 mintage limit on 1 oz lunar coins , I think they were one of the first to do this ?

I don't know why they wouldn't hold their value. The privy mintage is only 100k I believe. I know there is less demand, but I don't understand why. Surely a serious collector wants to collect both the non privy and the privy lunars. I am purchasing some of the privy lunars from Australia, a bit expensive compared to initial prices. But cheap compared to UK prices, depending wether or not I get hit with a large tax bill. Anyway I am a big fan of Perth mint stuff, if you haven't already realised.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

RCM has always done privi , coins but they have unlimited mintage on there bullion, I see buyers on other forums looking, for example, 1oz lunar dragons, they will state original coins only no privi just the original 300,000 mintage , it was a way to resell sold out mintages

• 4 years later...
On 16/03/2014 at 10:20, Danny-boy said:

Yes it is just the lighting, they are exactly the same as the normal britannia.

I'm no big fan of smooth edge coins, but these are really nice.

Just wondering if any of our US boys would be able to send me over a couple of horse ones?

Sell then on silver to go mate

Archived