• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

MILK SPOTS! The Royal Mint must be STOPPED!

2 hours ago, Solachesis said:

I look at photos of my coins more than physically viewing them, take a picture in the light at an angle where any milking doesn't show up, and voila, your coins look lovely and beautiful every time you want to look at them 😎

Lol be difficult to sell them using those same photos though 

4 minutes ago, Mothballjim said:

A shame it’s become such a common accepted thing to say, it needs to be addressed and stopped. Or at the very least reduced. 

The disclaimer or the milking? Dealers use a stock photo and make no mention as to if they are milked.

If milking is an issue, you wouldn't buy the coins which the seller is telling you have milk spots, if you were on the fence, you can ask to see the milk spots.

It does actually blow my mind how many people are willing to defend The Royal Mint over milk spotting issues. 

I get it if you’re paying spot price for the silver but the premiums paid over spot surely entitle you to a decent looking piece of silver. 

Edited by Mothballjim

52 minutes ago, Mothballjim said:

It does actually blow my mind how many people are willing to defend The Royal Mint over milk spotting issues. 

I get it if you’re paying spot price for the silver but the premiums paid over spot surely entitle you to a decent looking piece of silver. 

Well all the silver I have direct from the mint is still perfect!🤔😮

On 08/01/2023 at 18:10, Mothballjim said:

Hello all,

I’m trying to get The Royal Mint to finally stop selling silver coins/bars with milk spotting issues. 

If you want to support my cause please sign the below petition (it’s free!)

https://chng.it/yd2ctqWh9Y

I avoid the problem of spotty milk by obtaining mine from Co-op down t'road.

No free postage as such, but free collection! ;)

On a serious note, spied at some 2018 Maples and 2017 Krugs over Christmas that endure storage in their mint tubes in a loft that was -3 degrees at the time and peaks way over + 40 in the summer. The coins looked fresh as a daisy. I believe the quality of the round and it's handling is the key reason why some coins milk and others don't. 

In defence of RM all my overseas sourced Brits, which are stored at a more palatable mid teens to high twenties temperature range, again in mint tubes, are also blemish free.

What do the Welsh do that others don't? 

(that's just asking for a woolly quadruped joke)