• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hello from Slovenia

TheSmartGuy

Hi folks,

I am 19 years old and have just graduated high school. I guess there isn't many stackers of my age on the forum and in general out there. Is there any at all?

Over several years I have been able to accumulate a small fortune of 10.000€ mostly by reselling vintage stuff on eBay and 3D printing. That is quite an amount in my country. I already own two 20g Argor-Heraeus gold bars. I bought the first bar just before Brexit and another one a week ago. In the next few days I am planning to buy Perth Mint Silver Kangaroo Mini-Monster Box and a few poured silver bars from http://goldsilver.be/en/ Well, the decision isn't final yet. What do you guys think, is that the right thing to invest 10.000€ in? One half in coins and the other half in poured bars.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Well done on your work and dedicate your efforts towards PM (precious metals). I think your choices are good and you can't go wrong with the Kangroos and/or bars. As long your are happy with your choice. Sounds like you have developped your plan and done your homework/research.

I do think it's great that you are considering to get a mini-monsterbox. What are your thoughts in "diversifying" and getting a number of different coins in tubes? Just in case you don't get "bored". Unless you are going to put the box straight into your safe place and won't look at them again for a long time... Just some thoughts. :)

Welcome and it sounds as if you are very entrepreneurial and will continue to drive yourself upwards. First question to ask yourself if your strategy is to gamble on changes in spot and exchange rates or to spot premium growth opportunities.

If you are happy with current spot then go forward with monster box. Spot may need to rise by 15-20% for you to see profit at these levels so can you see $25 silver?

The Kangaroo is a pure bullion play and has very limited numismatic upside. So think about your strategy before deep dive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome :)

Well done on accumulating so much wealth so early and more importantly being aware that you can invest that wealth. May I ask do you already have other investments or will PM's be your entire wealth? If you are going all in on PM's do you understand the risks of holding 100% PM's and have you considered other asset classes to hold some of your wealth?

As a new investor consider educating yourself about human nature, specifically how you will react emotionally to the volatility that comes with investing, especially in silver. A lot of mistakes that people make can be avoided by educating yourself.

Finally consider your investing time frame/when you will need the money next and exit strategy before buying, these really need to be decided before you buy. Good luck! 

Hello and welcome TheSmartGuy.

Be very careful. Ask yourself are you in PM-s for long run or short, then are you in numismatics, seminumismatics or just stacking, then will you trade/buy/sell or just buy and hold, then are you stacking for your old age or just to flip when PM-s shoot up (hopefully), then what is your exit strategy if you need to liquidate in hurry, then ...........blah blah blah :)  After you decide what you want then inform yourself what kind of PM-s fit in that category and start building your stack. You are young and have whole life ahead so take it slow and reduce beginners mistakes to a minimum, we all made mistakes in beginning and many wouldn't be as painful if we did research and asked for and listened to good advice.

Thank you all for your responses. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one in my generation.

I will think about about diversifying. I might rather have some Silver Maple Leafs, some Silver Philharmonics and some Silver Kangaroos than just Kangaroos, although my purpose isn't numismatics. I have been listening to Peter Schiff's, Mike Maloney's and Ron Pau's podcasts for some time now and I believe that the situation on the markets right now isn't as rosy as everybody thinks. I am a bit fearful of what the next US election will bring us especially if Trump wins in which case the current fed chairman won't be reappointed. The last two bigger bubbles were both in the time of the US election and every one seems to be bigger than the previous one.

My purpose of investing in precious metals is to store the wealth that I accumulated, but if I make some money or lose some, I wouldn't complain. It is hard for me to fall asleep every night thinking of the notion that my savings could be evaporated when I wake up. I inherently am not a big spender, so I would keep the silver for at least the next five years, until I finish the college and then I would see in what direction the world goes.

Archived