• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

*waves* from the Netherlands

No idea on Silver, had some discussions on the bigger bars, but for a beginner stacker I don't really see the point of getting a kilo of silver which you can use for training in the garden when the same money can buy you a double Sovereign that you can hide in the cookie jar.

On the topic, just got a couple of 2022 quarter sovereign, in the future I'll stick to full and halves, but I really wanted a couple of 2022 quarters as in the long run they might appreciate due the Jubilee design and could consider selling them a few years down the line as a set with a half and a full one, anyway, they're hilariously small.

image.png.5e04390af251213756eec545e421552b.png

On 25/06/2022 at 10:38, Sybilla said:

Hi everyone! 

I am very new, but also very enthusiast about all the new things I am learning. I am mostly gathering information at this point and thinking about what I want to do for my first purchase. Does anyone here remember the thrill of their first purchase? Feel free to share stories! 

I would really enjoy finding some people to talk to, I hope I came to the right place for that :)

Back on topic..... my first purchase was small gold coins for a xmas presents for my daughters and it escalated extremely quickly to anything shiny but even now i still wait with baited breath for when I know the postie is on her way... you'll never get tired of getting new coins if the bug hits you hard 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

4 hours ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

No idea on Silver, had some discussions on the bigger bars, but for a beginner stacker I don't really see the point of getting a kilo of silver which you can use for training in the garden when the same money can buy you a double Sovereign that you can hide in the cookie jar.

On the topic, just got a couple of 2022 quarter sovereign, in the future I'll stick to full and halves, but I really wanted a couple of 2022 quarters as in the long run they might appreciate due the Jubilee design and could consider selling them a few years down the line as a set with a half and a full one, anyway, they're hilariously small.

image.png.5e04390af251213756eec545e421552b.png

The Sovereigns are difficult to find in my country, but I assume the gold coin with lowest premium will do?

I started to read more about gold as well. 

22 minutes ago, Sybilla said:

The Sovereigns are difficult to find in my country, but I assume the gold coin with lowest premium will do?

I started to read more about gold as well. 

I have done the maths with Sovereigns for obvious reasons, being UK based they are common and they're useful when it comes to capital gains, this said, yeah, any coin with a low premium is good. But do make your own research, write stuff down, play with excel, I'm just a newbie myself :)

5 hours ago, LemmyMcGregor said:

I have done the maths with Sovereigns for obvious reasons, being UK based they are common and they're useful when it comes to capital gains, this said, yeah, any coin with a low premium is good. But do make your own research, write stuff down, play with excel, I'm just a newbie myself :)

I already have a bunch of Google Sheets ;) 
I am just going to add gold to them too now. I looked into silver because everyone is talking about the gold/silver ratio being favorable for silver. I guess I shouldn't have overlooked gold.

• 4 weeks later...
On 25/06/2022 at 11:38, Sybilla said:

Hi everyone! 

I am very new, but also very enthusiast about all the new things I am learning. I am mostly gathering information at this point and thinking about what I want to do for my first purchase. Does anyone here remember the thrill of their first purchase? Feel free to share stories! 

I would really enjoy finding some people to talk to, I hope I came to the right place for that :)

Hi @Sybilla! Welcome to the forum. Welkom op het forum.