• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Alternative Bullion

Rich99

Just picked up a 500 schilling coin for a steal in a shop. I love these older Austrian bullion coins. Decided to order a 100/50/25 to complete the set.

Anyone else have interesting older coins as part of their stack?

WP_20160701_23_13_40_Pro.jpg

I have 55 of the 50 schilling coins. 20g of 0.900 silver each. Be careful though the 50 schillings from 1974 and onwards are only 0.500 silver. 

I have all the years of the 0.900 ones, 59,63,64,65,66,67,38,69,70,71 and 73

if anyone wants any, I'd be happy to sell for £9 each.

42 minutes ago, Rich99 said:

Now you tell me after I spend £12 on a 73!!

That is a great price Highland Tiger! 

Well the next time you are in the market for a 50 schilling, drop me a pm. Obviously, if silver keeps rising, I'll probably have to up the price a bit. But for now £9 is a fair price. 

I'm a big fan of the 50 schillings too, have about 120, at roughly £8.50 each.

I've stacked all kinds of junk silver over the years, but the 50 schillings are still in my stack, one of 8 junk coins I now concentrate on, the others being:

925 half crowns, 925 Canada Olympic 5 and 10 dollars, 900 France 10 francs, 835 France 5 francs, 800 Spain 100 pesetas and 800 Canada dollars (my favourite).

On 7/2/2016 at 15:53, Shinus73 said:

I'm a big fan of the 50 schillings too, have about 120, at roughly £8.50 each.

I've stacked all kinds of junk silver over the years, but the 50 schillings are still in my stack, one of 8 junk coins I now concentrate on, the others being:

925 half crowns, 925 Canada Olympic 5 and 10 dollars, 900 France 10 francs, 835 France 5 francs, 800 Spain 100 pesetas and 800 Canada dollars (my favourite).

Are you saying you have 800 Canada dollars?  That's a heluva stack.  I just bought my first 25 Candian 80%s and I really like them, got them for 11USD, posted a pic on here last week.  I'd love your feedback on whether I did well, as I am a new stacker.

1 hour ago, SilverNoob said:

Are you saying you have 800 Canada dollars?  That's a heluva stack.  I just bought my first 25 Candian 80%s and I really like them, got them for 11USD, posted a pic on here last week.  I'd love your feedback on whether I did well, as I am a new stacker.

No, he's saying the Canadian dollars are 800/1000 silver 80% as you say.

The number in front of the coin is the silver content, eg 925 is sterling silver 925/1000 silver.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

4 hours ago, SilverNoob said:

Ahh, i see.  Thanks for the clarification, so if I understand correctly, there's no quantity, just the number indicates the purity in Shinus' post?

Yes, that's correct. 800 would be nice, but I'm not quite there yet!

$11 seems a fair price, I've certainly seen people pay more than that for them.

Archived