• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Help Needed, Experienced Dealers

Can someone more experienced please help me.

I want to purchase a William III silver crown, but the prices seem crazily differing. So please help anyone 😬

Hope you get a good deal and hope it isn’t on eBay since the “high grades” may  possibly be £1 fakes from AliExpress. Especially 1696 and 1695 ones. 

Do your homework and be vigilant. 

I would recommend buying the Coin Yearbook from Token Publishing - There is a HUGE price difference between a coin graded as Fine and a coin graded as Very Fine.... The trouble with Ebay is that a lot of sellers can be very liberal when allocating a grade (along with the ubiquitous 'grade as per pictures' etc with blurry photos).

Steer clear of numismatic coins on Ebay unless you are prepared to spend a lot of time researching. The price differences may well indicate that someone with more knowledge has done the due diligence for you. However it could also be the result of shilling or unrealistic seller expectations...... I was lucky enough to find a local coin dealer years ago who walked me through the basics of coin collecting and accurate grading. I would recommend that you look at dealers prices for a realistic value of any coins you may be interested in.

For every 'bargain' on Ebay there are a hundred disappoinments...

I got help from a lovely fella called DuncanWylieWilson. He's put me straight about a lot of things and I'm going to let him source me the coin, so it's all good. 😊