• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The new Royal Mint merged website what do you think about it ? and lost credit balance

Ever since the Royal Mint merged the collector coins with the bullion I stopped buying from them . I have viewed the new website quite a few times since but have never logged in again until today as I was half thinking about buying some bullion .

I am fairly sure that I had some money in credit balance on the old system which has now been wiped clear the new site dosnt show any record of bullion purchases or a credit balance from the previous bullion site .

Has anyone else lost any credit balance due to the change over ?

I lost some of my purchase history too but I contacted them and they were able to rectify it. The merging have caused some odd glitches for sure. But the RM folks were pretty cool with helping restore my account.

In the end it is a database and your records will be stored somewhere even if some information is displayed incorrectly. So if you’re sure you’ve lost some balance, even if you have no proof, I’d say contact the RM and ask about it; they should be able to figure it out.

After all a £1 is a £1. 😊

Yes I also didnt keep any records I was relying on their records as my history of purchase details and credits. Think I had about £100 pounds worth of credit not £000 as it shows now . I will send them an email and see what they can find in my Royal Mint shoe box storage system 😀

Really they should have sent a letter out to every one who had an account with them showing details of any credit balance stored in their system. 

They have wiped out credit balance details without restoring them onto the new system which is probably not legal.

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to retrieve the lost credit from the old Royal Mint bullion system. After contacting them by email I was told to log in with my old bullion username which then showed I had credit but all links to bank accounts had gone and all the old statements had gone 😅

Logging in with my email address and password it showed zero credit and a new/different account number.

So all sorted now and credit found 👍 will spend it buying from  Atkinsons 😃

40 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

I managed to retrieve the lost credit from the old Royal Mint bullion system. After contacting them by email I was told to log in with my old bullion username which then showed I had credit but all links to bank accounts had gone and all the old statements had gone 😅

Logging in with my email address and password it showed zero credit and a new/different account number.

So all sorted now and credit found 👍 will spend it buying from  Atkinsons 😃

That’s great to know. 😀

3 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

That’s great to know. 😀

I still miss the old Bullion website it had more of a "bullion dealer feel " to it . Now it just feels like your buying bullion at inflated collector prices. It has lost its investment feel. I have bought nothing from them since the changeover , my gain their loss 😀