• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens Beasts 1Oz Proofs worth grading?

Oliman

Hi guys,

After some advice from some of you seasoned pros, about to have 5 1oz qb proofs. Do you think these types of proofs are worth grading or not? Get mintages are quite high for these but not intending to flip for a number of years. 

Thanks in advance

Hi Oliver. 
it really depends on your choice. It’s always nice to have a few graded coins. 
A 70 grade will mostly have a higher premium than a 69 grade. 
I like to get coins graded ,closer to selling them. As conservation can remove most of the issues a coin may have. ,(not milk spots). Hope this helps. 

@Oliman It's a difficult one because you can't guarantee a 70, the 69's which although as you would guess are near perfect do not command much of a premium over the raw coin @ around £100-£120 

Whereas a 70 can make anywhere between £200 - £375 at auction. I keep a track of them. I buy them already graded

Lion, Yale, Dragon & White Lion consistently make the most money at auction non of those you would get under £350 now. The one that consistently makes the lowest amount at auction is the Bull @ around £200 the rest come in all over the place between £220 & £320.

One anomaly re PF 69 is the Dragon which made a hammer price of £240 at a coin cabinet auction in October last year. The reason is there is only 130 Dragons in PF 70 

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

@motorbikezthank you for the insight and heads up. I might just bite the bullet, get them graded and then can just hold onto them for a number of years then attempt to sell. 

Only have one of the lions and as you say depends if even any of them get PF70. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just a couple of observations re the silver 1oz 70 QBs, a white lion recently sold for only £130 at auction but it had a milkspot, a clean one would make around £200 more.

Griffin has gone stupid IMHO last 2 at auction ebay US made over £520 but it is what it is, supply & demand I guess.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

15 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

Just a couple of observations re the silver 1oz 70 QBs, a white lion recently sold for only £130 at auction but it had a milkspot, a clean one would make around £200 more.

Griffin has gone stupid IMHO last 2 at auction ebay US made over £520 but it is what it is, supply & demand I guess.

Were the griffins graded or raw? I’ve got one currently in for grading. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Archived