• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Recommend someone to melt my Rolex.

Adsy

Basically I have my uncles old watch that was passed to me but it really wasn't my style so I sold the watch and kept the bracelet and case. I'm just getting around to having it melted possibly the process videoed or photographed so I can show my family. And also the bar will stay with me for always.  My gem scale measures it at 53.14 it's solid 14k gold which makes it 31.08 grams fine which is an exact troy ounce which im sure Rolex did purposely and it could make a lovely little bar or round, I'm open to ideas. Is there anyone on here that is reliable and recommended please? Thanks 

Just a suggestion but Cody's lab on YouTube might be what you're looking for (he's US based). He does science experiments mostly, but he did once scrap a Rolex watch and extract the precious metals from it, the resulting metal beads were then posted back to the original sender.

He's done a fair bit of work on recovering precious metals from all kinds of weird stuff, including (ex-catalytic converter) platinum from roadside dust!

2 hours ago, motorbikez said:

Wasn't my style so destroys the watch, strange indeed.

Whats strange? I sold the movement and want to keep the gold as it was an heirloom. 

7 hours ago, Derv said:

You're going to melt a Rolex bracelet ? 

Is it damaged ? 

No it's not damaged. Yes I'm going to melt a Rolex bracelet. 

5 hours ago, SidS said:

Just a suggestion but Cody's lab on YouTube might be what you're looking for (he's US based). He does science experiments mostly, but he did once scrap a Rolex watch and extract the precious metals from it, the resulting metal beads were then posted back to the original sender.

He's done a fair bit of work on recovering precious metals from all kinds of weird stuff, including (ex-catalytic converter) platinum from roadside dust!

Hi,

Yes this is the kind of thing I'm looking for, except I don't want it refined I'm happy for it to stay as 14k.

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Mike1976 said:

There is a guy based in London who makes jewellery using the casts that he also makes himself. He might be able to do this for you. His email is johnnyhoxtonldn@gmail.com

Thanks mate I'll check him out.

Archived