• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Britannia Query

Bluegeo

Hi Folks

I received 2 tubes of 2018 Brits in error instead of 2020’s requested. 

2 Questions:

1) Does the year make any difference to the value?

2) From the attached photo would the 2 flat spots between Britannia’s waist and her trident affect the value in any way? They appear on 49/50 coins in exactly the same place so look like a pressing issue - definitely not milk spots 

Thanks in advance for any advice given

76257C9F-D6A4-445B-9106-E6ED7AE84F46.jpeg

Personally if I'd paid for 2020s and got 2018s then I would not be happy. 

Should be getting what is described and what you've paid for.

Like buying a Chinese and a Curry turning up 😂

As to the value I dont think it would make much difference its still 1oz of silver each coin.

👍

They are just bullion so the metal value is identical.

The ‘flat spot’ just looks like a dye error - something stuck on the dye when they were minted or the dye failed at that specific area which is why it is repeated in many of your coins . I’ve seen that of error on plenty of tubes of brits.

Conclusion is they are not perfect, but you got what you paid for - bullion silver brits. Personally i would just keep the 18s and stick them in the stack as they will be a tad more difficult to get hold of than 2020s but in my view it doesn’t make much difference!

Archived