• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold from abroad

Fifer

8 hours ago, Fifer said:

Hi all! 

Where is the cheapest country (spot price) to buy gold and how hard is to get it shipped to the UK? 

There is no need to buy gold from any country other than the UK. To my knowledge there is nowhere where you can get it cheaper enough to justify the hassle of international shipping. fFair enough, if you are looking for particular coins, there will be times that buying abroad will be cheaper.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Was just a 3 am thought keeping myself amused on nightshift 🤣 new to the gold and silver game love the wealth of information on the forum though perfect place for a newbie to ask these questions 👌

In very fast and very liquid markets some instruments can be arbitraged (e.g currencies), but Gold is not one of those.  When you do arb, the sums involved are vast because the differentials are usually pretty small. 

Banks arb, private investors less so unless someone has spotted something mispriced.  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Archived