• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Good Old Royal Mail

Rll1288

So Royal Mint sent me a package which was supposed to be delivered yesterday... Royal Mail website said it was delivered at 06.52 in the morning (even though I work early and my office window looks into the street).

After waiting 30 odd minutes to get through to them they said "sorry it was a mistake by the local DO and it  will come by 18.00"... Nothing. Status this morning was changed to "Will be delivered by 15.00" along with another packaged from Royal Mint that also had the same delivery notice of 15.00pm by today.... Another wait to get through to them ... "Sorry about the issue it will be delivered today"

As I sit looking out the window... nothing... narda...zilch.... Do I hold hope of getting it today! I won't hold my breath and feel I may have some talking to do in the near future on mislaid packages.... AAAAAAHHHHHH

• 2 weeks later...

i feel your pain brother , i was expecting a delivery from UPS today , when the truck drove my street , the guy never stopped at my house and then i got a error message , wrong apartment number or incorrect

lol i live in a house not an flat

but after a phone call will  be delivered monday 

I checked the website where i had ordered an (signed for) item and the status said 'attempted delivery made'. The item was delivered the next day.

I have never before had RM attempt a delivery and not put a card through the door and then deliver the next day with no input from me..  I can only assume that the delivery person was somehow 'fiddling' the system so he/she could get off early on day one (?)

Just one of a few problems i've been having with RM in the last few months. Being able to electronically track a package is fantastic as long as whoever is inputing the data is honest and/or not an idiot.

I think they are suffering from Communication and setting client's expectations.... I finally found out the issue (with Royal Mail) and it turns out my local DO had three people sick with COVID. I fully understand the strain this must have put on them but marking something as delivered when it wasn't made the heart rate race. Now if they added a feature on their web page to state areas when DO's are under pressure due to this crazy situation then we can accommodate and not spend time on the phone with them.

4 hours ago, Rll1288 said:

I think they are suffering from Communication and setting client's expectations.... I finally found out the issue (with Royal Mail) and it turns out my local DO had three people sick with COVID. I fully understand the strain this must have put on them but marking something as delivered when it wasn't made the heart rate race. Now if they added a feature on their web page to state areas when DO's are under pressure due to this crazy situation then we can accommodate and not spend time on the phone with them.

"Now if they added a feature on their web page to state areas when DO's are under pressure due to this crazy situation then we can accommodate and not spend time on the phone with them."

Well, that's a very logical, sensible, practical, common sense thing to do😀

but as this is royal mail and in private ownership it will never happen ! LOL LOL

dean.m

Archived