• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Calling all predecimal experts!

arphethean

I've been having fun looking through my scrap silver and 99% of it seems to be in very poor condition or high mintages, but I selected the following possibly interesting coins:

1. 1925 florin in good nick

2. 1907 half

3. 1918 half in fairly good nick

4. 1887 shilling, jubilee head (common, but good detail)

5. 1893 shilling (nothing special, just like the design)

6 and 7: 1914/5 shilling (these are pretty common)

8-10. 1886-91 threepences with some better detail

11. 1893 Jubilee head. Maybe worth something despite lacking detail on the head?

12. Really clear detail on this 1916 threepence.

Does anything in this selection look of interest to a collector?

P1250319.JPG

P1250320.JPG

1925 Florins are rare - even in that condition I suspect people would pay £6-£10 or so, maybe more.

See if some of the gunge will come off with a non-invasive clean:

(i.e. soak carefully in warm soapy water, then wash in de-ionsed water, then soak in olive oil for a week or so, then wash in de-ionised water again and finally dry with paper towelling.)

https://www.thecoinking.co.uk/products/1925-florin-george-v-british-silver-coin-nice

The one above is in similar condition to yours (actually it looks worse) and is on sale for £32 from a reputable coin deaier (I have bought about 10 coins from him in the past).

You may wish to contact him and see if he is interested in buying your Florin and the 1893 JH Threepence, and maybe some or all of the others?

Personally I think £32 is somewhat toppy for this coin, but if he offered £15-£20 for yours, I'd take it if it was mine!

Archived