• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

After some info on these coins?

Hi all, hope everyone’s well, I’m after some general info on some coins iv recently been given from a relative I.e Are they actually worth anything? Are they worth keeping hold of? Will they have any value in the future? Any information really,  iv done a lot of research on PM’s but I’m unsure on this kind of stuff So any help would be much appreciated, there’s some uk decimal coin sets, £5 coins, the royal wedding medal and the silver wedding crown, there’s a few 5 shilling coins, £2 coins and other random bits, I’ll attach some pics So you can see what I’m talking about, As I said any info would be much appreciated thanks in advanced 👍

E7F86545-3DA4-498D-A427-9343558D7A4E.jpeg

14D2606E-2AAB-4687-867C-352D2645FBCB.jpeg

B28FD8FD-0A5C-4070-911E-6EF162C5FB9A.jpeg

2FC16F05-E114-403A-83DA-F476AB9E10D1.jpeg

86F0B4E8-6EF7-47C8-8B4A-5E1EDC11B383.jpeg

F910E4AE-373D-4600-B1D2-FD68C7CE5B9C.jpeg

660C5701-169D-4D9B-91BB-DEDB2CF79BF2.jpeg

87CA542E-8D05-4BFF-9B0D-386669D93EA4.jpeg

3DA8C4F0-5893-4307-B6FF-CD8E0C2E56BD.jpeg

Hi

I inherited a very large box of commemorative coins just like this - not worth a fortune - check Ebay for prices.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Hi dicker thanks for the reply, ye i didn't think they wouldn't be worth a lot some how, i was thinking tho could they be worth something in the future? or should i just get what i can for them and use the money to add to my stack? See iv tried looking up prices but there's so many different prices for 1 coin i'm unsure of whats a realistic value, iv seen some of these coins on ebay for around £25 but then found the same coin on a dealers website for like £1.50 lol like i say i don't no enough about them at the moment to make a decision. 

The short answer is that none of those coins is particularly valuable or desirable to a collector, as they are all very common.  They won;t be worth much (if anything) more in the future, sadly.

I would suggest keeping the ones you like (there are certainly several there that I would keep) and sell or give away the duplicates and the others.  Potentially, you could take the crowns and the £5 coins to your bank and exchange them for face value.  I would definitely do that for most of those if I could.

Keep the sterling silver medals if you like them, otherwise eBay or the Forum is your friend 😉

Archived