• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 2 oz silver QB Griffin

Vantax

Just checked the most recent eBay sales ( maybe others pop up depending on which words you choose to search against ) - 

889662020_Screenshot2020-06-01at19_49_43.png.9446e74d5112e9605dbec1c8dce25c17.png

My back of the envelope calculation differs maybe from yours -

Average cost to the buyer from these 2 sales £78.75
Assume seller could have the £1 max selling fee ( I had this offer running for about a week ending until May 31 ) and with PP deducting 3% gives the net price to seller of £75

I've sold almost 10 at this net price ( and higher ) so have a good handle on what people will pay.

If you would like to offer £75 including postage, 1st class signed for then I am happy to sell a Griffin in a capsule.
I see this coin becoming more expensive in time so not willing to lower my price or compete for a sale.

Another point to note is condition and your expectations.
With all the QB coins that dealers have sold out of tubes, most coins show some minor abrasions on the highest points.
You have to remember that these coins are basic bullion so expect fine lines, spots and the rest.
Few are perfect and you would be extremely lucky if you found one.
Just because the price of the Griffin and Lion are high today doesn't mean they are MS-70 equivalent because when they were first sold the price was closer to £26 for a 2 oz bit of silver.
Hope this helps.

Thanks @Pete

I think the difference between our Maths would be the free listings promo that I believe now no longer applies to coins and PMs

My Maths was based off the 70 + 7.50 postage = 77.75 or £67.64 after fees but still a posted price. Felt £62 before postage was a good starting point.

I've had an offer from another member though, happy with what I got.

Thanks again

Glad you found a Griffin.

As for eBay £1 max selling fees, just to share with you, I was offered 300 such listings last week.
Sold over 2 grand's worth of silver coins using this with a further grand still active.
Paying full price fees would have made it not worth the effort.

Take care 🙂

5 hours ago, Vantax said:

Thanks @Pete

I think the difference between our Maths would be the free listings promo that I believe now no longer applies to coins and PMs

My Maths was based off the 70 + 7.50 postage = 77.75 or £67.64 after fees but still a posted price. Felt £62 before postage was a good starting point.

I've had an offer from another member though, happy with what I got.

Thanks again

glad your sorted.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived