• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

OOOhhh might be exciting developments or NOT!

5huggy

Well we will wait to see what the Royal Mint has got to show HERE!

Is it going to be a "Lunar series" change, or a "REAL" change for the good !

This is what I just got on trying the site!

We’re moving websites!Our website is currently down for maintenance as we move and launch on royalmint.com
We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused and aim to be back online as soon as possible.
The new platform will have your wallet balance, transaction history and portfolio holdings along with a host of new and improved features.
Existing customers will be required to reset their password, so keep an eye on your inbox for instructions in the coming hours.
Thank you for your patience.

If you have any questions, please contact our bullion customer service team on:
enquiries@royalmintbullion.com

Calling from the UK: 0345 600 5014
Calling from overseas: +44(0) 1443 235 908
Monday - Thursday: 08:30 am to 4:30 pm GMT
Friday: 08:30 am to 4:00 pm GMT

I’ve had this message a few times over the past few weeks. Apparently it’s going to make the site easier to use and let you checkout multiple/different items at once - which for some odd reason is not currently a feature. Also be able to buy from RM with the bullion account. 

Added 0 minutes later...

I’m hoping they don’t mess it up. 

18 minutes ago, arcglide said:

I understand this to be a merge between royalmintbullion and royalmint and ultimately a single user account spanning both 

Yes buddy thats what they have "touted" but much more easy to "MONITOR" from HMG point of view! 😵

38 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

The new platform will have your wallet balance, transaction history and portfolio holdings along with a host of new and improved features.

LIKE ! Watching you a bit closer! 🤨

3 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

LIKE ! Watching you a bit closer!

I did have this same thought, and was told I was paranoid 😂 maybe I am, but a legitimate thought nonetheless.

Has a date actually been given to when this site is active and they’ve ceased meddling with it?

I wonder if they’ll be merged together by then or if this is just more ‘preparation’ work like the previous time. I’ve had plenty of spam from RMB about it but no actual date of when it’s happening. 

Perhaps they are selling plastic coins.

There are rumours the large volume of gold  exported from the UK at the tail end of the year was the UK's gold going going gone. 

The BBC propaganda whores put out their little piece on the gold in the BoE reassuring the sheeple that Britain is as good a gold when there was in reality none left.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

54 minutes ago, Oldun said:

This will be for next year when the gov go back to adding VAT ?

I highly doubt that, the government have come out saying that they want to be competitive with the E.U., given the prices of todays flights even 10% VAT added to gold would make flying to an E.U. country to buy one ounce of gold cheaper than buying it in the U.K., and don't forget the x ray machines that airports use can't tell the difference between metals with the excepion of Lead - lead and crystal plays havoc with x ray machines and will guarantee that your bags get checked, hell with 20% VAT on silver even buying as little as 2 kilos - roughly 64 ounces, you can buy a return flight to E.U. countries that don't tax silver and save a couple of quid - not enough in my opinion to make it worthwhile, especially after a couple were just recently caught at Heathrow smuggling in almost £110K worth or gold.

It will be interesting to see as the only reason the gov wiped out vat on gold in the first place was because they had to fall in line with The EEC directives, so there is very much a precedent and a simple change to declaration and limits regarding bringing au into the country would be very easy to do.....a simple swipe of a pen....and hardly any of the population is going to complain....at least not enough to make any difference.

Archived