• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Canada 1.5oz Coins

Danny-boy

My spots came on very quickly.

Looked one week, clean. Couple of weeks later, bad news.

People have opened monster boxes and found spots on most coins.

My polar bear and arctic fox are spot free, for now!!!!

I am avoiding RCM coins from now on unless they are part of my current ongoing sets.

Stacker since 2013

• Founder & Administrator

The 1.5oz polar bear coins are nice. I was going to purchase one when I started collecting, but decided against it as I wanted to keep things simple and stick to the 1oz coins, as I am also collecting 10oz Perth Mint coins as well as Kilos. Adding 1.5oz coins to start collecting would have been too much. I also don't like too much variety in terms of size in my collection. 

Some people like to collect all sizes of 1 design of coin. For me for some reason my brain dislikes the look of different sized coins placed next to each other. I prefer a series of coins all with the same dimensions. 

The falcon is a real shame, it has a limited mintage and its the first in a new series, and it looks pretty nice. But its the whole milk spot issue, if there wasn't think issue I would have quite happily of bought a tube. I did manage to get one though, didn't want to miss out completely. Maybe I made the wrong mistake and a tube would of been a good investment, even with the milk spot issue. 

One of the 1.5oz is a polar bear, what is the other one?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• Founder & Administrator

I just googled it, it's a pretty nice looking coin. What's the mintage on them?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

i love this coin, i keep it in my wallet and play with it all the time, it came with a few milk spots but i buffed them out with my thumb... i did take a eraser to it in a panic when it arrived but only in one corner so maybe there was just enough residue on my fingers to take off the milk spots.

i have ordered cases from a german store, along with a polar bear and an arctic fox, i reckon if you can keep these spot free a set will be a good investment.

Danny, I’m not sure if it was you, but i know someone was enquiring about air tights  for these, ill let you know how i get on with these.

Yes, I am looking for airtites for these mate.

I have spoken to my supplier and he said there is not one available.

Be interested to see how you get on mate, the cases I have are the normal 40mm ones, they fall apart as the coin is too thick to let the capsule close. Annoying.

Stacker since 2013

No, no rush mate.

I'd appreciate you ordering me a couple.

A quid each is horrible, but it's supply & demand I guess.

I should be able to get the price down for you if I buy a box of 100. Which I will probably do, I can see them selling like crazy on ebay. lol

Archived