• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Help Identifying Vintage Silver Bar

mr1030

I know quite a few of you collect vintage bars, so maybe someone can help identify this one as I cant find any refiners marks that I recognize.  This bar was brought to me by a co-worker who thought I might get a kick in seeing it, and might be able to provide some information about it.  She said that it was her grandmothers, who had passed away,  but didn't have any info beyond that.  I have tested it with my Sigma Verifier and the surface scans do come back as .999.  The bar looks familiar, so I might have seen a picture of something similar at some point,   but I can't place my finger on it.  Any help would be appreciated.

20191218_135100-ccfopt.jpg

20191218_135038-ccfopt.jpg

20191218_135015-ccfopt.jpg

i can remember watching some of the old timer videos on youtube where it was said that during the 1980's there were a lot of micro-mints sprang up (in America). Bars exist which have names on which have completely disappeared and are hard and sometimes impossible to track down. My guess is this is one of those mini-mint offerings. i have a few bars which i struggled to find and have names on them. There are no 'trade names' on your bar so the task looks problematic.

i think your best best is to put these photos on US based forums where old timers might hang out and might just recognise what you have. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Seems odd that the maker goes through all the trouble of the number and fineness stamping and then doesn't put so much as a makers mark on it. You could also get some tarnish remover and clean it up its possible something is covered up. Ask where the grandmother was from. A country of origin may help narrow the search. Google "pictures of silver 100 ounce bars" as well. Without a MM its going to be hard....

Looks like an eagle to the left of the 100 Troy ... in the 3rd picture. Eagle is rotated 135 degrees CW and lightly struck after the metal had cooled off some. There is olive branch and claw possible there too in what would be right claw. 

Also something scratched into metal that looks like letters on the same surface, to the far left of the same 3rd picture, about mid-way, just below white area. Looks like two N's there [?NN?]

Archived