• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Buy 100 Silver Dollars or diversify ?

Dexter

Lets says the order I've made goes through with european mint - I am planing on emptying or at least partially emptying my PP account to get some coins.

If you were me and you were looking to spend at max 20€ per 1oz Coin what would you do?

Currently i am looking at 100% Eagles, 60% Eagles 40% Brittanias, 50% Eagle -50% Brittania or 40% Eagle 40% Brittania 20% Roo or Kokaburra....

What years would you be looking for at those prices? New mints, older mints in Mint condition or?

Thanks

I would find out which coins are the easiest to liquidate for the most return in your country. For me here in the states, the ASE's can be sold for anywhere from .50-$3.00 over spot depending on the buy sell spread at the point of sale. The year of mint really wont matter on standard bullion coins so get which one is the cheapest. Try to buy random year, BU (brilliant uncirculated) if possible.

5 minutes ago, STONE said:

I would find out which coins are the easiest to liquidate for the most return in your country. For me here in the states, the ASE's can be sold for anywhere from .50-$3.00 over spot depending on the buy sell spread at the point of sale. The year of mint really wont matter on standard bullion coins so get which one is the cheapest. Try to buy random year, BU (brilliant uncirculated) if possible.

That'd mean going Philharmonic - I really don't like those and have literally no interest in them. They are good for gold locally as they go on private market 10-15% under spot but silver dunno...

Gold ones yes. Silver ones going 20% over. 

Essentially burchase pms to stop some spending habits. Harder to cash out from Silber dollars than from bank balance. 

Currently not as a pension, investment or hedge against inflation. 

1 hour ago, Dexter said:

That'd mean going Philharmonic - I really don't like those and have literally no interest in them. They are good for gold locally as they go on private market 10-15% under spot but silver dunno...

You can buy gold Philharmonics at 10-15% under spot? 

Can I suggest you buy all of them, sell them, and be rich? 😄

Eh, 

Where? To a dealer that buys the 35%-40% under spot... 

I don't plan on leaving one flipping problem with watches just to end up in a new hobby that costs more :D

To see any kind of profit I'd have to buy quite a few and take a trip to Munich and then go from shop to shop. 

Coins in Croatia at least gold ones are being bought back at scrap gold rates, if you're from a smaller city even less than that - I don't see any pawn shops or pm dealers going few % under spot like in Germany or UK when buying them back... 

47 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Eh, 

Where? To a dealer that buys the 35%-40% under spot... 

I don't plan on leaving one flipping problem with watches just to end up in a new hobby that costs more :D

To see any kind of profit I'd have to buy quite a few and take a trip to Munich and then go from shop to shop. 

Coins in Croatia at least gold ones are being bought back at scrap gold rates, if you're from a smaller city even less than that - I don't see any pawn shops or pm dealers going few % under spot like in Germany or UK when buying them back... 

Sell them on the forum - if you put gold Phillies on sale on the forum at or a tiny bit under the spot price they would sell all day - members of the silver forum love gold at spot price. 

If you can buy the coins at 10 -15% under the spot price you could make a nice profit and everyone is happy.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

2 hours ago, Dexter said:

At goldsilver.be 1 oz silver maples are a better deal then Phillies. Just look at sell and buy back prices on both. I'm stacking maples being from Belgium myself.

Archived