• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereign premium?

blindguy

Hi, I buy almost all my gold coins at auctions and always at or below melt. I buy some sovereign at melt but noticed that once they get above ms62 I do not win very many. So I tried to find a U.S. price guide for high grade sovereign's with not much luck. NGC price guide seems too high as does PCGS.  So here is my question, for say non key dates what is a ms64 worth?  Ms65 worth? Ms66 worth?  For U.S. gold coins I can use the gray sheet so is there a gray sheet for sovereign's?  I never bought sovereign's before going this forum so my problem is kind of your fault.  Hope you can help as with my limit vision I can not surf the internet very well, I still have problems with the forum site. Thanks for any help.  Jim

That's a difficult question, be careful buying Sovereigns as sometimes they can be way overpriced if you are unfamiliar with them, you pay a high premium then if you want to sell it you could end up losing quite a bit of cash.

Here is part pricing list of the M. Marsh price guide from the book The Gold Sovereign. 

I think they are EF or better. 

Although I think some of them are a bit overpriced.

IMG_1299[1].JPG

IMG_1301[1].JPG

Spink’s Coins of England’s & The United Kingdom, Pre-Decimal Issues, and accompanying Decimal Issues is probably a little more realistic with the pricing. They have them priced for V, VF, sometimes EF, sometimes BU. However, as @Xander has generously pointed out, one can never go wrong with the great Marsh’s Golden Sovereign reference!!

Archived