• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Cost for Full Sovs vs Brits

Mark10110

Hi guys,

Can someone tell me if I am doing the math here correct as I am not gonna lie, I suck at this kind of stuff and I want to know if I am doing it right? I am trying to work out what works best fractional vs sovs as I am struggling to buy 1oz at current price.

1oz Brit at time of post is £1,320.64

1 troy oz = 31.10 grams 

1320.64 / 31.10 = £42.46 per oz

Full sov at time of post is £321.16

7.32g X £42.46 = £310.80

2 sovs = £621.60 for 14.64grams of gold

for a half oz brit it would cost  £692.57 15.55grams

2 sovs would cost £621..60  (missing almost 1 gram of gold)

I would work that last bit out if i knew how to compare exact price.

Am I right in thinking if I am going to buy anything less than 1 oz I would be best off buying full sovs to pay less of a premium going of what I did there and did I do that right?

source.gif 

15 minutes ago, 5huggy said:

Just remeber - Brit is 24k and Sov's are 22K!

Still same amount of gold. The OP adjusted the weight for just the gold.

29 minutes ago, Mark10110 said:

Thanks, I was using prices at Atkinsons as that is where I would buy full sovs/ half brit/ 1oz brit.

Check goldcompare before you buy. When I started buying gold this year found the sovereign to be best value if you can't buy large amounts.

https://goldcompare.net/

44 minutes ago, Mark10110 said:

Thanks, I was using prices at Atkinsons as that is where I would buy full sovs/ half brit/ 1oz brit.

Brits have a higher premium in general. I just picked one up for £646 which is about 1.5% over spot - so good value when you can find them at the right sources. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

Archived