• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bullion from your own Country

Craig0ry

• 4 months later...
On 21/08/2019 at 20:36, KevinG said:

In Belgium we don't have Bullion coins only overpriced proofs. But we do have refineries that make bars like Umicore and Tony Goetz

20 Francs Leopold II would be considered bullion if i am not mistaken

The Royal Belgian Mint doesn't strike coins anymore. Not that I care. King this, Queen that. Royalty on coins doesn't appeal to me. And since I am on the continent... Philharmoniker. What a lovely design. I also like the Libertad coins but that is a just for a few. Philharmoniker is a much better choice when one is in Europe.

Belgian Mint to stop making coins from November 2017

https://www.thebulletin.be/belgian-mint-stop-making-coins-november

It's funny, to me I like the ASE design well enough, but I get the same amount of silver for less when buying maple leaves, philharmonikers, etc.  It kind of bugs me to be honest, I'd rather purchase American bullion being an American, but I'm also mainly a stacker for weight over numismatic value so I value lower premiums generally above all else.  It just seems weird that coins from my own country are more expensive to buy here, than foreign coins.  That being said it's not all that bad I guess, since I stack mainly for weight, about 2/3 of my stack is generic or junk silver and only 1/3 in actual coins.  

I actually feel bad that modern french coins are so bad and that the French cannot produce something like the ASE or the Philarmonik ; Maple Leaf etc.

They are unbeatable with the rooster and the Napoleon coins for old numismatic coins but for the very modern coins it seems weird to me that they cannot produce something decent 

10 hours ago, Toshunya86 said:

I actually feel bad that modern french coins are so bad and that the French cannot produce something like the ASE or the Philarmonik ; Maple Leaf etc.

They are unbeatable with the rooster and the Napoleon coins for old numismatic coins but for the very modern coins it seems weird to me that they cannot produce something decent 

The French have the silver Hercule 50 (1974 -1980) Francs (30g. 90% Ag) and you have also the 5 and 10 Francs Hercule who go way back. Beautiful coins with a long history. I think you can say that they see the Hercule 50 Francs as their Maple Leaf & Philharmonic.

50frargenthercule1977-2.jpg

Archived