• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Selling silver & gold to businesses

TheSilverSurfer

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/08/2019 at 21:01, sixgun said:

You can buy your groceries at Tesco with gold/silver which is converted on the fly through your debit card and the cashier has no idea. You can get your car fixed and the new boiler the same way.

I would have a problem with that as I always pay in cash at the supermarket. I wouldn't want electronic records of my purchases. Only, when I'm not physically in the shop, I don't pay cash.

7 hours ago, silenceissilver said:

I would have a problem with that as I always pay in cash at the supermarket. I wouldn't want electronic records of my purchases. Only, when I'm not physically in the shop, I don't pay cash.

Perhaps so, but you are the exception rather then the norm.

27 minutes ago, mr1030 said:

Perhaps so, but you are the exception rather then the norm.

I know, most people have no problems with being enslaved with a Chinese type social credit system or having their card cut off for criticising the government. It's not a future scenario but already happening, in the West and you don't need to be a genius to see it will increase a lot, if there is no cash alternative.

Unfortunately, I don't have at hand this photo where a critic of replacement level migration holds into the camera his 20 or so debit/credit cards that were all cancelled because of his patriotic activism, of course without ever having been convicted of anything.

Some here might already be aware of several cases of people having been kicked of platforms like patreon, for wrongthink, e.g. Lauren Southern.

On 18/08/2019 at 07:04, TheSilverSurfer said:

No, business in general, like a supermarket or a door2door sales business etc. 

I'm afraid I don't understand why such a business would buy PMs, especially from some random guy off the street. If the owners wanted to buy PMs, wouldn't they buy them in bulk from a legitimate seller/dealer? They're not going to just buy a few coins here and there. 

Besides, I would think they'd be trying to sell things, not buy something they'd have to hide away and protect. 

5 hours ago, RacerCool said:

I'm afraid I don't understand why such a business would buy PMs, especially from some random guy off the street. If the owners wanted to buy PMs, wouldn't they buy them in bulk from a legitimate seller/dealer? They're not going to just buy a few coins here and there. 

Besides, I would think they'd be trying to sell things, not buy something they'd have to hide away and protect. 

Every business keeps emergency cash for when times are rough, by buying PMs they protect that cash from inflation or deflation. It’s like an insurance policy 

6 hours ago, TheSilverSurfer said:

Every business keeps emergency cash for when times are rough, by buying PMs they protect that cash from inflation or deflation. It’s like an insurance policy 

And to to add to that, not all their liquids should be solid. But around 10% or enough to encounter 6 to 12 months of costs

On 20/08/2019 at 23:10, silenceissilver said:

I know, most people have no problems with being enslaved with a Chinese type social credit system or having their card cut off for criticising the government. It's not a future scenario but already happening, in the West and you don't need to be a genius to see it will increase a lot, if there is no cash alternative.

Unfortunately, I don't have at hand this photo where a critic of replacement level migration holds into the camera his 20 or so debit/credit cards that were all cancelled because of his patriotic activism, of course without ever having been convicted of anything.

Some here might already be aware of several cases of people having been kicked of platforms like patreon, for wrongthink, e.g. Lauren Southern.

That in itself is akin to deplatforming someone from social media.

Our business purchased some amount of gold and silver bars. That stash makes company hard assets since we don't have a building or anything else. We bought it from RBC (Royal bank of Canada) and SWP storage. We would never buy from private person due to risks involved. Also, there is a problem of storage.

If we make good sales we will invest extra money into gold and silver. 

Archived