• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver and Gold are good but who doesn't like diamonds?

I know I’ve said it before on the forum, but I wish it was more acceptable for men to wear gems too. I love ruby and diamond clusters. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

11 minutes ago, KitboyE17 said:

I know I’ve said it before on the forum, but I wish it was more acceptable for men to wear gems too. I love ruby and diamond clusters. 

over here it is...high school rings, etc..big assed rubies, emeralds, etc...id buy some but the weight of the stone ruins the weight of the gold..unless they are special like these and I can consign them to get three times spot or more.

The third picture down has natural blue diamonds in there, small but extremely expensive.

2 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Ironically the pen used to show them off is more expensive then any of the rings cost me...those metal strips on it are platinum...lol.

Thats the beauty of Mont Blanc 😍

I'll play. 1 carat vs1 solitaire on top of a 1 carat total, 3 stone wedding ring. 1855 Victoria sovereign for pocket piece, Exentri wallet and a G-Shock Mudman solar/atomic. My daily carries.

image.thumb.png.58438e6c93cb0407f92edbf7988a9dab.png

The problem with diamonds is that it takes an expert to distinguish between a real diamond and a good zircon or similar piece of state-of-the-art glass.
My wife's 2 ct zircon single stone ring fooled a professional  jeweller a few years back.
Also diamonds can now be produced in laboratories using MOCVD technology inexpensively.
Natural stones with microscopic flaws can be "enhanced" to look flawless, adding huge premiums - don't ask about the technology !

The market is rigged and diamond prices are rigorously controlled.
Clean coal is how I describe a diamond and the price would plummet if stocks in e.g. Russia were dumped onto the market, but why would they ?

So a diamond is either for aesthetic appeal, engagements, anniversaries, snob appeal or maybe a long term investment.
The former - modern cheap alternatives where 99.9% of the population couldn't tell the difference !
The latter - who knows but there are probably safer assets to hold.
I panic when a 2ct high spec diamond is hanging on a gossamer thin white gold chain that would snag and break in the wind, never mind trying on clothes over the head in shops.
Claim on insurance for loss and you are marked for life.

43 minutes ago, Pete said:

The problem with diamonds is that it takes an expert to distinguish between a real diamond and a good zircon or similar piece of state-of-the-art glass.
My wife's 2 ct zircon single stone ring fooled a professional  jeweller a few years back.
Also diamonds can now be produced in laboratories using MOCVD technology inexpensively.
Natural stones with microscopic flaws can be "enhanced" to look flawless, adding huge premiums - don't ask about the technology !

The market is rigged and diamond prices are rigorously controlled.
Clean coal is how I describe a diamond and the price would plummet if stocks in e.g. Russia were dumped onto the market, but why would they ?

So a diamond is either for aesthetic appeal, engagements, anniversaries, snob appeal or maybe a long term investment.
The former - modern cheap alternatives where 99.9% of the population couldn't tell the difference !
The latter - who knows but there are probably safer assets to hold.
I panic when a 2ct high spec diamond is hanging on a gossamer thin white gold chain that would snag and break in the wind, never mind trying on clothes over the head in shops.
Claim on insurance for loss and you are marked 

GIA....if it ain't got the numbers it's just weight on a ring...lol....one reason I like to detect at the shore.

4 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

You like fountains?.

Yep. Always have done since High School. Apart from Mont Blanc I also have a couple of Graff’s and Montegrappa 

1 hour ago, trozau said:

I'll play. 1 carat vs1 solitaire on top of a 1 carat total, 3 stone wedding ring. 1855 Victoria sovereign for pocket piece, Exentri wallet and a G-Shock Mudman solar/atomic. My daily carries.

image.thumb.png.58438e6c93cb0407f92edbf7988a9dab.png

I have something similar on consignment, 3/4ct solitaire and 1/2 ct tw engagement and wedding ring...have to find thepics.

4 minutes ago, KitboyE17 said:

Yep. Always have done since High School. Apart from Mont Blanc I also have a couple of Graff’s and Montegrappa 

My writing is way to bad for those, I'd be dead spider'ing all over the page, heck most of my writing is in pencil so I can erase it and start over again..lol.

2 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Maybe you'd like this one.

In a word - no. Not my style. 

Now if I could these as cufflinks ..... 😍🤪

9E07AA49-2A94-4A73-A774-C3F5B1D8D9F8.jpeg

5 minutes ago, KitboyE17 said:

In a word - no. Not my style. 

Now if I could these as cufflinks ..... 😍🤪

9E07AA49-2A94-4A73-A774-C3F5B1D8D9F8.jpeg

First you have to find a shirt that uses cufflinks anymore...lol...I have a tiffany tie pin but that's the total for my exoticwear...lol...maybe a trip to rodeo drive and you'd find some sweet men's gems.

3 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

First you have to find a shirt that uses cufflinks

Very easy in the UK. Most of my shirts are double cuffed and all my links are either Tiffany or Mont Blanc. 

We have some great antique jewellery shops in London, especially Burlington Arcade and you can get some beautiful Cartier and Chanel mens studs/pins. 

4 minutes ago, KitboyE17 said:

Very easy in the UK. Most of my shirts are double cuffed and all my links are either Tiffany or Mont Blanc. 

We have some great antique jewellery shops in London, especially Burlington Arcade and you can get some beautiful Cartier and Chanel mens studs/pins. 

Only double cuffed shirt I ever had I got from my grandad and cut the cuffs off as it was during my punk faze...lol...most of my metal was metal, studs over leather....lol.

Archived